IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

So. What do we do about hospital capacity in the UK? What’s the answer?

People are having cancer operations cancelled because the ICU bed they’d need is being occupied by a COVID patient. Often the COVID patient in question is unvaccinated. But, it’s causing huge cancellations in the UK. One doctor reckons around 100-140 in a week in his hospital, including organ transplants, that don’t go ahead because of COVID treatment taking place in ICU. 

Until COVID stops putting people in the ICU, how does the UK run those surgeries too? We can’t build and staff more ICU capacity overnight. 

Do you suggest we deny intensive care to the unjabbed? Despite the fact that you’d often have to be daft to be unvaccinated now, I still don’t think it’d be right to not afford them care.

Though, doctors and nurses are understandably finding it hard to reconcile those with life limiting conditions not getting the operations they desperately need because people have exercised the right to not be vaccinated and are subsequently getting seriously ill.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

So. What do we do about hospital capacity in the UK? What’s the answer?

People are having cancer operations cancelled because the ICU bed they’d need is being occupied by a COVID patient. Often the COVID patient in question is unvaccinated. But, it’s causing huge cancellations in the UK. One doctor reckons around 100-140 in a week in his hospital, including organ transplants, that don’t go ahead because of COVID treatment taking place in ICU. 

Until COVID stops putting people in the ICU, how does the UK run those surgeries too? We can’t build and staff more ICU capacity overnight. 

Do you suggest we deny intensive care to the unjabbed? Despite the fact that you’d often have to be daft to be unvaccinated now, I still don’t think it’d be right to not afford them care.

Though, doctors and nurses are understandably finding it hard to reconcile those with life limiting conditions not getting the operations they desperately need because people have exercised the right to not be vaccinated and are subsequently getting seriously ill.

A couple of weeks ago it was in the news that 50,000 cancer patients had had appointments and procedures cancelled due to Covid.  You probably could add a great many other life threatening illnesses too.  

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Nice.  If you have lived here any length of time there is a distinct chance one of my siblings has helped you at the hospital, in the police or by educating you or your kids.

So your siblings are all in public service, caring type occupations. My hat's off to them.

Then there's you who won't wear a mask unless others are wearing them. So lame... you're quite susceptible to peer pressure, keeping up with the Joneses etc, in other words, extremely insecure. 

Guess you're the black sheep of the family. Good thing you didn't follow your sibling into the constabulary, or are you only a dick behind your keyboard?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Zarley said:

So your siblings are all in public service, caring type occupations. My hat's off to them.

Then there's you who won't wear a mask unless others are wearing them. So lame... you're quite susceptible to peer pressure, keeping up with the Joneses etc, in other words, extremely insecure. 

Guess you're the black sheep of the family. Good thing you didn't follow your sibling into the constabulary, or are you only a dick behind your keyboard?

How is it insecure to not wear a mask if I don’t need to?  Ie, in a shop where nobody else is and I am nowhere near other people?

The only time I bow to peer pressure is when I put one on, which is anytime I think it will make others feel more comfortable.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

How is it insecure to not wear a mask if I don’t need to?  Ie, in a shop where nobody else is and I am nowhere near other people?

The only time I bow to peer pressure is when I put one on, which is anytime I think it will make others feel more comfortable.

Why not get a Look at Me! tee shirt and be done with it? Your relentless attention seeking is so boring.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Attention seeking??!! 😂

Its called having an opinion and backing it up with real life experiences.  How is that attention

You come over as a self centred, couldn’t give a f***, I’m all right jack, who isn’t bothered how your actions affect others. It’s very unappealing.

Like the mask in shop example. What about the staff/shop keeper?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

You come over as a self centred, couldn’t give a f***, I’m all right jack, who isn’t bothered how your actions affect others. It’s very unappealing.

Like the mask in shop example. What about the staff/shop keeper?

If the staff/shopkeeper has a mask on, I put one on.

Where have I come across as I”m alright jack?  I have consistently said I do what others do.

Roxane posted the other day that she hasn’t been bothering doing flow tests while I have since the recommendation came in.

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

People get helped by the police all the time.  It isn’t a difficult concept.

They keep idiots off the road and baddies behind bars.

Including people who beat other people up because they thought they said something inappropriate to, or about ,their Mrs in the pub?

Edited by The Voice of Reason