IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

With two suspected omnicron cases here who were apparently out and about between travelling and being tested, when would we expect to see the close contact test positive.

All the close contact have been doing daily LFTs (by all accounts for a few days before the official announcement it might be here) so surely we should start seeing a few more soon?

Surely their households are all infected?

We would expect others to test positive from 5 days afterwards (avg incubation period), key thing for me now and trying to find out when these two got off the boat/plane? (i.e. Day 0) 

2 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

We would expect others to test positive from 5 days afterwards (avg incubation period), key thing for me now and trying to find out when these two got off the boat/plane? (i.e. Day 0) 

You're another Twitter crazy with covid tourettes. Amazing you still have a job given all the dangerous and alarmist rubbish you seem to post on social media all day. 

11 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

Over a week ago they stepped off the plane.  It is a week since the positive PCR’s 

Edit - when I say “they” I only know for certain about one of the two, but the fact that that PCR was apparently back days before the announcement was made and the test was only done after they had been home and mixing for days would suggest similar timelines for the other that was announced on the same day.

Yet apparently there have been none since.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Over a week ago they stepped off the plane.  It is a week since the positive PCR’s 

From information I have 5th-8th Dec looks most likely dates. In June you could put pieces together to get 22nd-25th June with June 24th by far most likely initial seeding. No idea why Government being so secretive this time around. Thx pointer, you know firsthand they got off a plane? 

2 hours ago, James Blonde said:

Well it's good that it tickles you. But coven is simply a word that refers to a collection of individuals.

a collection of individuals with similar interests or activities 

The doom coven is just a rag tag bunch of people who look for any negative angle they can find where Covid is concerned. 

Both Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries cite a group of witches as the primary definition. 

It’s language one would generally use to conjure up that sort of imagery. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

know firsthand they got off a plane

No.  I chose my words badly.

Should be “they arrived back on island”.  I don’t know what date that was but the positive PCR results were (apparently) a full week ago and the one I know of had definitely been out and about in between getting back here and getting the positive test

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, BenFairfax said:

know firsthand they got off a plane

Should be “they arrived back on island”.  I don’t know what date that was but the positive PCR results were (apparently) a full week ago and the one I know of had definitely been out and about in between getting back here and getting the positive test

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Also confusion regard PCR+, and when S-gene dropout test was done, or whatever test used determine PCR+ is not Delta. No idea if both tests are done at same time. One who asked PCR test post becoming symptomatic implies to me traveled from CTA, did LFT was negative and then went on to develop symptoms. As said fact we not being told relevant dates, I assume means Government hopes this seeding event fizzles out (as is possible). Naturally other seeders will be introduced, and Omi wave is inevtiable. 

All this speculation about speculation . Just chill guys , nothing we can discuss or think about is changing the scenario . Some people need to get a life and when they do try to enjoy it and stop spreading doom and despair. I've had a nice day today , met a friend for xmas lunch in Jaks and Covid wasn't mentioned once . Tomorrow is going to be the same hopefully. Commonsense is all that is needed and is something we can use positively and productively. Doom and gloom merchants , do one please , your not helping in anyway .   BenFaifax , we have had words before regarding Covid. !! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

Some good signs coming out of South Africa where it seems Omicron may already be running out of steam.

(Paywall removed)

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Fworld-news%2F2021%2F12%2F13%2Fsouth-africas-omicron-covid-outbreaks-may-already-running-steam%2F

Expecting this sort of time span here, 3 weeks to peak once takes off. 

7 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

All this speculation about speculation . Just chill guys , nothing we can discuss or think about is changing the scenario . Some people need to get a life and when they do try to enjoy it and stop spreading doom and despair. I've had a nice day today , met a friend for xmas lunch in Jaks and Covid wasn't mentioned once . Tomorrow is going to be the same hopefully. Commonsense is all that is needed and is something we can use positively and productively. Doom and gloom merchants , do one please , your not helping in anyway .   BenFaifax , we have had words before regarding Covid. !! 

No doom and despair here.

If what I have been told is true and if what the doomsayers are saying is true then we should all be dead.  But we aren’t , so it’s all good

• Like 3