IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Was just reading this too.  

In a nutshell.... 

26% of Saffas vaxxed

Covid's become a UK neurosis

Yesterday there were 11 Covid-related deaths in SA.  Peak of the Delta outbreak was 578 weekly average

Yeah but imagine what “might” happen in the future “if” the scientists worse case scenarios play out.

Question.  Have any of the scientific predictions of deaths etc even one close to coming true?  All the figures decisions have been based on appear to have been massively overplayed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Was just reading this too.  

In a nutshell.... 

26% of Saffas vaxxed

Covid's become a UK neurosis

Yesterday there were 11 Covid-related deaths in SA.  Peak of the Delta outbreak was 578 weekly average

They had that massive wave a while back so I wonder if they've built up a good level of natural protection to the virus? 

18 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Yeah but imagine what “might” happen in the future “if” the scientists worse case scenarios play out.

Question.  Have any of the scientific predictions of deaths etc even one close to coming true?  All the figures decisions have been based on appear to have been massively overplayed.

We only seen to hear about the ”worst case” scenarios, based on early data and worst case assumptions. 

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

Red list update: Whitehall officials confirm the 11 countries (including South Africa) will be removed from 4am tomorrow. Covid-O meeting happening imminently. Ministers accept spread of omicron means restrictions are “pointless”

That should ease some pressure on the Test Centre. Looking forward to Alf Cannan announcing the removal of PCR tests for people outside the CTA. 

• Like 3

Anyway hear Dominic Raab earlier? when asked how many people were in hospital with the Omicron variant he answered 250, this would be up from 10 yesterday. 

The actual number of people in the whole of the UK in hospital is 9. Raab said he misheard the question, I would love to know what question he thought he was answering where the answer was 250

• Like 1

Discuss.

To me Omicron marks the end of any real concern over COVId.  I am pretty certain that in six months a very mild form will be circulating largely unchecked and nobody will care or report on it.

The graph attached is South Africa.  I await all the likely suspects to tell me you can’t trust the data from South Africa 🙄

E73ED956-329C-480F-AC22-39EF13FF6230.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, thommo2010 said:

Anyway hear Dominic Raab earlier? when asked how many people were in hospital with the Omicron variant he answered 250, this would be up from 10 yesterday. 

The actual number of people in the whole of the UK in hospital is 9. Raab said he misheard the question, I would love to know what question he thought he was answering where the answer was 250

DO NOT turn this into a mock the Week episode!!!

How many creme eggs should one consume between now and Christmas Day to afford the best protection from Omicron?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rhumsaa said:

He block you on Twitter and it annoyed you?

If only. But no the whole IOM still has to suffer the daily doses of absolute alarmist bullshit the likes of the Bonkers Burrows’ (clearly a well matched couple who have a shared interest in spreading Covid hysteria) and Inspector Bum Gravy post about Covid. If the day of the Rapture doesn’t come soon you do worry that the only way out will be some Moonie style mass event. 

I’m particularly looking forward to Alf’s announcement today as no doubt his failure to lock down the IOM for 100 years (or do anything really which is his clear policy now) will have them all amusingly incandescent with rage within three minutes. 

45 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It is good news. It would seem though, that it's the Pfizer jab that has some effectiveness, while the AZ doesn't. Good news on that front is that the booster makes up for the shortfall. 

It appears that South Africa is only using the Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. According to Reuters: 

" two doses of Pfizer-BioNTech offered 70% protection against hospitalisation compared with the unvaccinated during the recent surge in cases and 33% protection against infection. It said this represents a drop from 80% protection against infection and compares with 93% efficacy against hospital admission during South Africa's outbreak of the Delta variant".

"Children appeared to have a 20% higher risk of hospital admission with complications" - not good.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It is good news. It would seem though, that it's the Pfizer jab that has some effectiveness, while the AZ doesn't. Good news on that front is that the booster makes up for the shortfall. 

Excellent.  I bought some lockdown anticipation shares a couple of weeks ago, including Pfizer. 

Also bought Peloton.  Unfortunately (spoiler alert) Mr Big on Sex and City having a heart attack on one has not been beneficial to it's share price.  Who knew... 

• Haha 3