IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, WTF said:

being in the EU was scam against us in the first place.  

Why do you say that?

The UK has thrived as a member of the EU. They came away from the Maastricht Treaty with the best deal in the best trading bloc on the planet.

A couple of thousand pages back in this thread I posted up the GDP figures that proved it...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, quilp said:

Oh dear. Hopefully you're not adopting a certain posters ethic and not bothering to wear one because no one else is...

There is some of that, yes. I’m British. I conform. If I walk into a shop and 90% are masked, I’ll do the same. If I go to a gig and 99% are not masked, I don’t feel that strongly about the risks to put one on and stand out from the crowd. If I did I wouldn’t go to the gig in the first place. 

I’m living with covid, like I’ve lived with all the other contagious diseases for the last 50 years. I’m triple vaxxed, I’m LFT negative, and I’m not clinically vulnerable. I’m getting on with life, which for me means going to gigs, on both sides of the stage. Without a mask. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, wrighty said:

There is some of that, yes. I’m British. I conform. If I walk into a shop and 90% are masked, I’ll do the same. If I go to a gig and 99% are not masked, I don’t feel that strongly about the risks to put one on and stand out from the crowd. If I did I wouldn’t go to the gig in the first place. 

I’m living with covid, like I’ve lived with all the other contagious diseases for the last 50 years. I’m triple vaxxed, I’m LFT negative, and I’m not clinically vulnerable. I’m getting on with life, which for me means going to gigs, on both sides of the stage. Without a mask. 

Exactly this, which is basically what I have been saying throughout about mask wearing.  I have NEVER not worn one when others would have preferred me to but I have no desire to be the only person in a shop wearing one if I don’t need to be.

I am youngish, healthyish, double jabbed and want to crack on living my life. I am not concerned about getting COVID and do LFTs regularly so if I should catch it I can make informed choices about where I go and who I see.

To my mind that is the best living with it compromise available to me until other people stop worrying about it as well.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Yes you’re quite right. They are for lazy people who can’t be bothered to explain themselves.

If someone makes a post why not just say:-

I agree with you

I don’t agree with you

I don’t understand what you are saying

And say why?

A possible exception is the laughing emoji which is less open to interpretation ( “I find what you say is funny”) but even so you could use words to give the author a compliment as to why you find their post humorous.

I understand what you are saying, but I feel it’s a waste of a post (other people’s time) for me to say things that could be said with an emoji. But I do find them limited and sometimes can’t find one I am looking for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Sensible and reasonable. Not in any way controversial, selfish or rebellious. 

However some will find it offensive and recoil at such an approach. Which is sad. 

Edited by Danoo
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Sensible and reasonable. Not in any way controversial, selfish or rebellious. 

However some will find it offensive and recoil at such an approach. Which is sad. 

Not on here they won’t. People’s reactions to something are more based on who posts it that what the opinion is.

If you or I had made the same post that wrighty did there would be a very different response.

In fact Wrighty’s post was in response to a dig at me expressing a similar viewpoint over the last couple of weeks and basically confirms we are of the same opinion.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not on here they won’t. People’s reactions to something are more based on who posts it that what the opinion is.

If you or I had made the same post that wrighty did there would be a very different response.

In fact Wrighty’s post was in response to a dig at me expressing a similar viewpoint over the last couple of weeks and basically confirms we are of the same opinion.

Except that he only had to say/write it once... not going on about it forever and a day.

Just sayin'.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Except that he only had to say/write it once... not going on about it forever and a day.

Just sayin'.

And yet in typical MF style you are still just having a pop rather than answering the point made.

Maybe all the posters who labelled me “insecure”. “Vulnerable”, “narcissistic” and “giving in to peer pressure” have just been really busy and not read wrighty post yet to level the same accusations?  Maybe they will be along to admit that actually it is a sensible and pragmatic approach to mask wearing depending on the situation.  Or maybe they will just say nothing rather than having to either criticise one of the in crowd or look a bit silly by backing down.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And yet in typical MF style you are still just having a pop rather than answering the point made.

Maybe all the posters who labelled me “insecure”. “Vulnerable”, “narcissistic” and “giving in to peer pressure” have just been really busy and not read wrighty post yet to level the same accusations?  Maybe they will be along to admit that actually it is a sensible and pragmatic approach to mask wearing depending on the situation.  Or maybe they will just say nothing rather than having to either criticise one of the in crowd or look a bit silly by backing down.

I think he acted in a highly irresponsible manner. Glad he's not my doctor!

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Actually and firstly, I was idly interested whether or not wrighty faced a dilemma about the mask-wearing, or lack of it, as related to his initial post about the gig. Idle curiosity mainly. Incorporating a satirical dig at you came as an afterthought.

You take yourself far too seriously...

Gloating and jumping on the back of wrighty's post, whilst predictable is cringe-making. 

• Haha 1