IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

42 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

So this weekends clinic for 12-17 year olds cancelled, to be replaced with a booster clinic?

So if I am booked for January can I just rock up, or is this how people who are booking now are jumping the queue?

Quality planning and comms as always

Said on the radio that people who ticked yes to the short notice list when booking their boosters may be contacted but not to call 111

1 hour ago, Itsmeee said:

My 25 year old daughter who lives in England spent 3 hours in a queue on the NHS booster booking website yesterday and got an appointment for 9th January 

What about the walk in clinics I keep hearing about on the news.

Or are they London centric 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Did you both tick the box for cancellations?

I didn’t as I can’t just drop everything and need to plan in advance so had to accept a few weeks wait.  Friends who did are getting earlier spots as they crop up.

Need it to fit in around your busy posting schedule on manx forums? 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Danoo said:

Can't believe I am reading this. We clearly no longer have a society anymore. Just a collection of individuals who think others should sacrifice living so they can carry on regardless. 

"Why can't these people accept they have to die so that I won't be mildly inconvenienced.  They're just so selfish!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Her nearest is 30 miles away and she doesn’t drive

Unless she has any underlying problems her chances of an early demise are vanishingly small - probably on a par with the risk of driving to the vax site.  Try to resist the hysteria.

I so dumb i'm sat here waiting for my 6 month delay to be up not realising that it had changed, so straight onto the booking site, appt came through in 10 minutes.

However someone at the GP's is doing some checking as i've also had a text message from them offering me a booster with the practice if i ring before 10.

Now I'm not taking an appt from someone more in need and i am happy to wait, I just thought it was interesting that its the GP's seem to be tracking people down who've not had the booster and not 111.

5 hours ago, Declan said:

I'm getting really frustrated about the incompetence of the Manx Government's vaccine roll-out. 

For some reason, despite registering at the first opportunity, I was the back of the queue for the first jab - people 10 or 15 years younger than me got jabbed before me. This left me trapped inside in May because there were unmasked people around me. (And don't forget the island was a month behind starting the vaccination programme!)

This put me at the back of the queue for the second jab and I barely got the COVID passport updated in time for a trip across in September because of their dithering. 

Now, I'm still at the back of the queue - and going backwards. I registered for the booster last week - appointment in January. I hear today though someone who registered yesterday - has an appointment today!

Meanwhile, every over 18 in England who wants a booster will have one by the end of the year. 

Your case is probably being dealt with by someone from MF with decent taste in music...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

Unless she has any underlying problems her chances of an early demise are vanishingly small - probably on a par with the risk of driving to the vax site.  Try to resist the hysteria.

I’m not hysterical.  I was just answering a question about walk in centres in England. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Declan said:

Meanwhile, every over 18 in England who wants a booster will have one by the end of the year. 

Not quite. Everyone over 18 who wants one will be offered a booster by the end of the year. In other words will be offered an appointment, most likely in Jan or Feb.  

Besides, why worry? The longer you leave the booster, the longer until your next, if required. 

5 hours ago, The Chief said:

I so dumb i'm sat here waiting for my 6 month delay to be up not realising that it had changed, so straight onto the booking site, appt came through in 10 minutes.

However someone at the GP's is doing some checking as i've also had a text message from them offering me a booster with the practice if i ring before 10.

Now I'm not taking an appt from someone more in need and i am happy to wait, I just thought it was interesting that its the GP's seem to be tracking people down who've not had the booster and not 111.

I have had my booster appointment letter for this coming Monday for weeks now, but also got a text from my Drs today inviting me to call to book a booster.

Why don't these systems talk to each other? 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I have had my booster appointment letter for this coming Monday for weeks now, but also got a text from my Drs today inviting me to call to book a booster.

Why don't these systems talk to each other? 

I booked my booster on line yesterday and it gave me options of today, tomorrow or January. Following the UK saying  they would ramp up booster appointments I think it was said in Tynwald, possibly somewhere else, the IoM would go likewise and aim to give over a 1,000 doses a day. I am guessing but I expect the "queue jumping" is the result of this and shortening the minimum period between doses. Those who were registered pre the increase in slots probably were stuck at the original date and those of us registering now are filling the ne slots. The other possibility is people are cancelling or moving appointments and you might hit lucky and get a cancelled slot.

Booking on like for the booster jab there was an option that if already registered etc you could elect to have an appointment at short notice.