IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

"Why can't these people accept they have to die so that I won't be mildly inconvenienced.  They're just so selfish!"

Why can't these people accept we are all dying one day. Do your own risk assessments and enjoy life while you can. 

Edited by Danoo

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

Have you ever tried building this kind of thing? And then thoroughly testing it for all eventualities - even as the requirements continually change?

In a small island the size of a parish council, shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. I've worked for large corporates with many hundreds of thousands of employees dotted around the world. We had many different systems that worked with each other and were pretty efficient.

Mind you, the private sector has severe repurcussions if these things don't work as they should. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Danoo said:

I've worked for large corporates with many hundreds of thousands of employees dotted around the world. We had many different systems that worked with each other and were pretty efficient.

Well then you will know that booking systems are notoriously problematic - which is partly why they are so often used as case studies. Factor in continually changing specifications and timescales + specific requirements around privacy etc.

I doubt it's as easy a problem to solve as the armchair generals and lounge bar technocrats might imagine.

Edited by pongo
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, pongo said:

Well then you will know that booking systems are notoriously problematic - which is partly why they are so often used as case studies. Factor in continually changing specifications and timescales + specific requirements around privacy etc.

I doubt it's as easy a problem to solve as the armchair generals and lounge bar technocrats might imagine.

Not saying it isn't difficult. It is eminently achievable though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I booked my booster on line yesterday and it gave me options of today, tomorrow or January. Following the UK saying  they would ramp up booster appointments I think it was said in Tynwald, possibly somewhere else, the IoM would go likewise and aim to give over a 1,000 doses a day. I am guessing but I expect the "queue jumping" is the result of this and shortening the minimum period between doses. Those who were registered pre the increase in slots probably were stuck at the original date and those of us registering now are filling the ne slots. The other possibility is people are cancelling or moving appointments and you might hit lucky and get a cancelled slot.

Booking on like for the booster jab there was an option that if already registered etc you could elect to have an appointment at short notice.

My point was I already have an appointment and have had it for weeks.  Is it really that difficult for the Manx Care system to notify GPs which of their patients already have appointments ? 

42 minutes ago, Danoo said:

Not saying it isn't difficult. It is eminently achievable though

It is achievable. Everything is with enough investment.

The vaccines booking system doesn't run on Medway, it's based on a Microsoft Dynamics 365 system. Vaccines run on the same system as the testing and the travel.

Is there a need to make what is really a temporary system talk to Medway?

1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

I booked my booster on line yesterday and it gave me options of today, tomorrow or January. Following the UK saying  they would ramp up booster appointments I think it was said in Tynwald, possibly somewhere else, the IoM would go likewise and aim to give over a 1,000 doses a day. I am guessing but I expect the "queue jumping" is the result of this and shortening the minimum period between doses. Those who were registered pre the increase in slots probably were stuck at the original date and those of us registering now are filling the ne slots. The other possibility is people are cancelling or moving appointments and you might hit lucky and get a cancelled slot.

Booking on like for the booster jab there was an option that if already registered etc you could elect to have an appointment at short notice.

That pisses me right off.

I booked mine as soon as I was able and I am in for January.

what sort of system let’s someone booking yesterday get in 3 weeks before me ffs?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Have you ever tried building this kind of thing? And then thoroughly testing it for all eventualities - even as the requirements continually change?

Yes.  It’s really not that difficult.

If they didn’t have people’s mobile numbers, addresses and email addresses then you could claim it was complicated.

Given that they do it really isn’t hard to build a system that can rearrange appointments on the fly and send people a simple notification through which they acknowledge the new date and time.

Especially with over a years notice  🙄

Edited by Ramseyboi

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

what sort of system let’s someone booking yesterday get in 3 weeks before me ffs?

Seems appointments out the window and walk ins now available Saturday and Mon - Fri next week for over 40’s (on IOM Gov Facebook page but can’t see on website yet) 

Walk-in clinics have been organised at the Chester Street vaccination hub, where an additional 3,000 slots are being made available between Saturday and Christmas Eve, in an effort to get as many booster vaccines into arms as possible. 

The walk-in slots are available to anyone aged 40 and over and those who are medically vulnerable regardless of whether they already have an appointment - those who wish to retain their pre-booked appointments can do so, and attend as invited.  

The walk-in clinic times are: 
Saturday 18 December - 9.30am - 1pm 
Monday 20 December – 8:30am – 15:45pm
Tuesday 21 December – 8:30am – 15:45pm
Wednesday 22 December – 8:45am – 15:15pm
Thursday 23 December - 8.30am until 12:00pm
Friday 24 December (Christmas Eve) – 8.30am – 12:00pm

While plenty of vaccine will be available each day, booked appointments will take priority and jabs will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. It is possible depending on demand that some people will be asked to return the following day if the session they attend reaches full capacity.

These clinics are only available for the 40+ and at-risk groups, and people not yet eligible are asked not to attend.

https://www.facebook.com/iomgovernment/photos/a.201016003920310/870372613651309/?type=3

Edited by skins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, skins said:

Seems appointments out the window and walk ins now available Saturday and Mon - Fri next week for over 40’s (on IOM Gov Facebook page but can’t see on website yet) 

Walk-in clinics have been organised at the Chester Street vaccination hub, where an additional 3,000 slots are being made available between Saturday and Christmas Eve, in an effort to get as many booster vaccines into arms as possible. 

The walk-in slots are available to anyone aged 40 and over and those who are medically vulnerable regardless of whether they already have an appointment - those who wish to retain their pre-booked appointments can do so, and attend as invited.  

The walk-in clinic times are: 
Saturday 18 December - 9.30am - 1pm 
Monday 20 December – 8:30am – 15:45pm
Tuesday 21 December – 8:30am – 15:45pm
Wednesday 22 December – 8:45am – 15:15pm
Thursday 23 December - 8.30am until 12:00pm
Friday 24 December (Christmas Eve) – 8.30am – 12:00pm

While plenty of vaccine will be available each day, booked appointments will take priority and jabs will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. It is possible depending on demand that some people will be asked to return the following day if the session they attend reaches full capacity.

These clinics are only available for the 40+ and at-risk groups, and people not yet eligible are asked not to attend.

Well that is insane😂

So if I take time out of work to attend a walk in clinic I might or might not get a jab, while people who booked today have appointments three weeks before mine and are guaranteed while I stand outside on the pissing rain!

Edited by Ramseyboi

30 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

But what group are you in? You're fit and healthy aren't you? Not being sarcastic or owt. Maybe that's why, what sort of condition is this queue-jumper you mention?