IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Remember the other day when people said COVID was causing cancellations at the hospital I suggested it might actually be a shortage of anaesthetists

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/four-anaesthetists-from-nobles-hospital-facing-manslaughter-charge/?fbclid=IwAR2KBZFhrL0br_2bqltJIV0PBCXe-O6W3zaBfRuNBCSr-vNLoun7GH8aSCo

This was posted here as long ago as mid September. 

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

As much as you are correct, I predict that by this time next week, our daily new cases will have halved. Maybe even dropped to the teens. Similar in uk. Simply because students and many workers are not doing LFTs. 

Also, look at the Independent or most other daily news papers about omicron and the symptoms. They have changed. It is now fatigue, headache, runny nose, sore throat and cough / sneeze. Same as a cold? In fact, experts are now saying if you have cold symptoms get a test, it may be omicron!  That is scaremongering. 

Covid-19 has now mutated into a common cold. It is over! 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-17/s-africa-says-hospitalizations-in-omicron-wave-much-lower?s=09

Some still won't believe the figures and will take comfort in the doom models.

46 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-17/s-africa-says-hospitalizations-in-omicron-wave-much-lower?s=09

Some still won't believe the figures and will take comfort in the doom models.

Mostly because there isn’t enough statistically significant data. 

You can readily find data arguing that it makes you just as ill.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2021-12-17-forste-omikron-erfaringer-far-laeger-til-at-frygte-mange-indlagte

People who become infected with the new Omikron variant can become just as ill as patients who have been affected by Delta and other variants.

This is the experience from a number of doctors that Berlingske has spoken to after the first patients with the Omikron variant began to be admitted to Danish hospitals.

According to the newspaper, the Omikron variant has so far been found in a total of 45 inpatients since it first appeared in Denmark at the end of November.

And in them the symptoms have been the same as in the other variants. This means, among other things, difficulty breathing and an inflammatory reaction in the lungs, which in the worst case can lead to lung failure.

There have also been a few cases where Omikron-infected people have been admitted to intensive care, Berlingske writes

….

The big concern, however, is that Omikron appears to be far more contagious than other variants. Therefore, it can lead to a very large number of admissions in the coming time - even if the symptoms with the variant turn out to be milder.

To really highlight that news outlets are churning out articles for clicks, this one, also from Bloomberg suggests that there’s no evidence yet to suggest Omicron is less severe than Delta. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-17/omicron-gets-around-previous-covid-infection-u-k-study-warns

It points out that we might have a clearer idea in a week or so. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I will tell you what I am.

Someone who always admits if he is wrong or makes a mistake.

Someone who isn’t embarrassed to admit if I am wrong about something.

Seems to be rare around here.

Well you did feign ignorance of having posted that you assaulted someone who you thought was behaving inappropriately to your Mrs

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

On 12/13/2021 at 11:03 AM,  Ramseyboisaid: 

I would put money on being below or similar to you and several others over four weeks.

On 12/13/2021 at 1:03 PM,  Roger Mexicosaid: 

Let's just say that according to your profiles, Roxanne has made 2.4 K posts since she joined MF  on 28 June 2006.  You've made 1.7 K posts since you joined MF on 14 July 2021.  That's quite a difference in posting rate.

Really? You do surprise me.

Most times when your statements are challenged you seem to ignore the challenge and supporting evidence and just carry on as if nothing has been said at all  

To admit when one is wrong or has made a mistake requires accountability and you can’t have that when you’ve got your hands over your eyes and think others can’t see you. 

If you think those figures are correct and you have posted only 2.4K times you need your bumps felt

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

See what I mean?

Give us a clue.  I vaguely remember something but don’t have your encyclopaedic knowledge of my past posts.  Posting on here is something to kill some spare time, not something I memorise (especially other people posts.  That would be a bit, erm, weird)