IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

49 minutes ago, quilp said:

Not the same person but as someone else posted, he won't be the only one. He isn't. 

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought this bit meant that he had tested positive, but now realise it’s if he tests positive 

“It's his intention to keep quiet about testing positive and to carry on working in the cab that bothers me.”

Well on the news there the uk government putting in plans for a 2 week circuit break, which if previous circuit breaks are anything to go by will last more than that. 

So nearly 2 years on 2 vaccines a booster and we're still relying on lockdowns. I'm getting more convinced by the day aliens are watching us for entertainment like the truman show

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, finlo said:

I thought we had two then twelve confirmed a week ago?

Suspected. if our PCR test can actually detect omicron.  Dr Glover suggested it might not.

I know people who have been contact traced due to contact with suspected Omicron.  No rules on them having to isolate though.

31 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Suspected. if our PCR test can actually detect omicron.  Dr Glover suggested it might not.

I know people who have been contact traced due to contact with suspected Omicron.  No rules on them having to isolate though.

Ha Ha. You didnt think that through. 100,000 cases per day in the UK and the test doesnt pick up Omicron!

6 hours ago, Meoir Shee said:

In the light of the images being posted online it is clear there is a significant demand for a booster, which is great to see.  Why oh why does someone at Government not grab the bull by the horns and open alternative hubs, the secondary schools are now closed, have plenty of parking and would reduce traveling and queuing, just make it happen!

5 hours ago, hissingsid said:

They probably haven’t got the people to administer or the storage facilities or cubicles there is some privacy involved.

Fair enough, but ….

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Lock down people won’t be happy figures have gone down again 

Hate to live up to my reputation as queen witch of the doom coven, but we don't have enough Omicron here for the (known, PCR diagnosed) cases to double every 40 hours as they are in London. Yet. 

Saying that, I'm not sure I've ever called for a lockdown, nor do I think we need one. Just wear a mask, it's not a big ask.

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

They probably haven’t got the people to administer or the storage facilities or cubicles there is some privacy involved.

What privacy? There's no real privacy at the Chester St hub nor is any needed. You get the jab in your arm, not your backside.

All they really need are some tables and chairs. It can be done anywhere where there's enough space. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Hate to live up to my reputation as queen witch of the doom coven, but we don't have enough Omicron here for the (known, PCR diagnosed) cases to double every 40 hours as they are in London. Yet. 

Saying that, I'm not sure I've ever called for a lockdown, nor do I think we need one. Just wear a mask, it's not a big ask.

Do you not think more cases are being picked up because the uk government have been asking people to test pretty much every time they leave the house? So in reality people have been having it but just didn't know.