IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

There is an article on the NPM this morning of Our Dear Leader meeting Michael Gove. He went to London end of November for 2 nights with 2 Civil Servants to meet Gove and the Irish Ambassador to the UK. The total price came to £1150.

For the avoidance of doubt I have no real issues with this, though it could have been conducted via video link. 

My concern is Our Dear Leader and his big announcements, the news conference, the attention seeker and the great need to be pleasing the restive politicos and the IOMNP Facebook group. Then he and flunkies promptly go to London, where Omicron is supposedly rife. The picture of ODL and Gove tells it all, no social distancing and certainly no facemasks, despite lecturing, and hectoring the GMP, leaving businesses to pick up the pieces. Not a wise move - and his Civil Servants can’t be the brightest either or perhaps they couldn’t give a toss?

That's the cost BEFORE credit card statements are in.

Now to see how much was spend outside of the itinerary...

34 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Our house has lost the Xmas jeopardy game - wife contacted by a colleague yesterday whose husband was positive- All did LFTs 3 negative and hers positive- PCR booked, taken and results issued in 12 hours (very smooth) but Xmas is knackered. 

I can Lateral test and crack on as can the kids but separate rooms, different bathrooms, Xmas lunch for 14 including her brother whose not been for 4 years cancelled, plus having to do all the running about is shit.

Both kids have had it previously so I’ve resigned myself to the point that I’m pretty much nailed on to catch it now - please deliver beer to my front door.

Be prepared for Ramseyboi levels of shitposting if I do test positive.

Did your wife have any symptoms? 

Also it's not guaranteed you will catch it. I work in a small office with 4 others, 3 of whom have had covid and I've not caught it. 

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Interesting article.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/my-twitter-conversation-with-the-chairman-of-the-sage-covid-modelling-committee 

Chairman of SAGE basically says: we model how and what we are told to model.

Yep

Minister to sage person - without restrictions how many deaths could there be

Sage - dunno could be 5 could be 500

Headline - sage says there could be 500 deaths a day without restrictions 

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Sorry to hear that Hulmut. It’s a bit shit. I think it might happen to a few of us over the next week  

It’s a bit rubbish - agreed I think there will be a load of families in the same position 

I just hope both kids keep testing negative so they can enjoy themselves - I’d be happy to sit and scratch for 10 days 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Did your wife have any symptoms? 

Also it's not guaranteed you will catch it. I work in a small office with 4 others, 3 of whom have had covid and I've not caught it. 

My wife had it. My 3 kids have had it. My granddaughter had it. I've had 4 close contact emails in last 6 weeks.

Daily LFDs but diddly squat right now. It is possible.

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Time to reinstate the Thursday doorstep salute ….

Clap for cock jockeys 

Get your saucepans out kids!

… but mask up ffs

He beat you to it...

Screenshot_20211219-132838_Facebook.jpg

Summer 2020 was actually nuts. There was people playing drums, setting off fireworks and people with saucepans. 

All while the politicians laughed as they knew the healthcare workers wouldn't get a pay rise. 

Edited by James Blonde

22 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

He beat you to it...

Screenshot_20211219-132838_Facebook.jpg

Summer 2020 was actually nuts. There was people playing drums, setting off fireworks and people with saucepans. 

All while the politicians laughed as they knew the healthcare workers wouldn't get a pay rise. 

Why do people feel like they need permission to do it or get a big thing organised if that's what they want to do then crack on and do it. Virtue signalling of the highest order

• Like 7