IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, HeliX said:

That bit definitely is an infringement on civil liberties though.

Except it’s not. There are very few absolute human or civil rights. After that it’s a proportional balance between the rights of one against another and the rights of one against those of wider society.

I rang the IoM pass helpline this morning. I’m hopeful I’ll have my 3/3 pass before my Xmas lunch.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wrighty said:

But that’s not a conspiracy theory. They include chips in the vaccine, covid being imaginary, covid being a deliberate plot etc. 

People who were saying it were branded conspiracy theorists, anti vaxxers etc.

Like I've said I'm not an anti vaxxer had my 2 vaccines but that's it now I'm not having the booster and if that means I'm marginalised or excluded from activities then fine. 

Edited by thommo2010

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except it’s not. There are very few absolute human or civil rights. After that it’s a proportional balance between the rights of one against another and the rights of one against those of wider society.

I rang the IoM pass helpline this morning. I’m hopeful I’ll have my 3/3 pass before my Xmas lunch.

Locking people out of certain parts of society/events completely, based on their vaccination status, is hardly a proportional balance though. An unvaccinated home worker is dramatically less likely to give you Covid than a vaccinated pub worker. It's just not a sane or reasonable response to ban the unvaccinated from things.

I am double vaccinated, for context.

Edited by HeliX
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Anyway, Alf is going to address a couple of thousand manxies and 45 and a half million worldwide antivax covid deniers at 6pm this evening. I'm not moving a muscle until i receive instruction

I guess changes/reduction to isolation requirements for positives cases and close contacts.  Less people’s Christmas screwed hopefully.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

the main stream media.

People using the term main stream media have the conspiracy mindset, have fallen for the conspiracy theorists' world view.

In the democracies we have media - accredited sources etc. Everything else is the fringe media - the tabloids, people on Twitter, The Conservative Way Forward Whatsapp group etc. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh and Alf, remove the requirement for PCR tests while you are reducing the isolation requirements as well please.

We all know people aren’t volunteering the fact that they have a positive LFT because they can’t risk ten days isolation and the chance of their whole family having to isolate if possible omicron.

If you could ditch the PCR, the ten day iso and the stupid requirement for a whole household to isolate if possible omicron that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Oh and Alf, remove the requirement for PCR tests while you are reducing the isolation requirements as well please.

We all know people aren’t volunteering the fact that they have a positive LFT because they can’t risk ten days isolation and the chance of their whole family having to isolate if possible omicron.

If you could ditch the PCR, the ten day iso and the stupid requirement for a whole household to isolate if possible omicron that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance.

@banker - let’s see who is laughing in an hour eh?  I assume you think the changes I would like are unlikely?

Just remembered you can’t comment.  Laugh for yes- confused for no 😂

Edited by Ramseyboi

Had my booster today, a pre-arranged appointment.   There were two queues, one for appointments, one for walk-ins.  The wait was about 40 minutes.

There were two women kicking off that the two queues were going into the same vaccination area so what was the point of appointments?  They were assured that the vax area was spilt into two, one for each queue, but they were not happy. Really felt sorry for the staff down there.

I would say less than half of the cubicles were staffed so it is down to having enough medically qualified staff to jab arms and I am not sure how you address that in quick time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Thanks in advance.

Is Alf lurking on here?

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Anyway, Alf is going to address a couple of thousand manxies and 45 and a half million worldwide antivax covid deniers at 6pm this evening. I'm not moving a muscle until i receive instruction

I am watching Alf's broadcast and clicked on my news feed to listened to the following video playing in the background. It was surreal and poignant.

Just been watching Alfs big media conference. Talking the obvious really, thought there was an immediate announcement going to be made. Mark Lewin the CEO of Starship Enterprise was interpreting medical slides. Before long it’s going to be the CEOs deciding policy and presenting to the GMP. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1