IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

But why? Daily cases are going down hospital isn't exactly filling up but yeah let's have restrictions.  It makes no sense I suppose the media will probably never have a bigger story in their lifetime so want this to continue 

The way I read it Moulton sounded disappointed that the briefing wasn’t the sort of embarrassing farce we had to endure last year. I thought Cannan was really good. Exactly what Quayle should have been last year if he hadn’t done his own version of a Two Ronnie’s sketch with Ashford closing anything and everything down. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am quite surprised and reassured by that conference to be fair.

Accepting that Omibollocks is the dominant flavour of Covid and self management of testing and symptoms. No way of telling which flavour of Covid you have but accepting it’s irrelevant.

I can see some people going into meltdown over this, especially the ones who already moan about LFD tests etc.

Great result all round.

• Like 5

So essentially we're back to March 2020 with no real testing and we'll only be able to guesstimate how many cases there are based off hospital numbers and deaths. Pretty sure that policy ended up requiring a particularly long lockdown to extradite us from the shit it caused. Let's hope this gamble pays off because I really can't be bothered with another lockdown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

But why? Daily cases are going down hospital isn't exactly filling up but yeah let's have restrictions.  It makes no sense I suppose the media will probably never have a bigger story in their lifetime so want this to continue 

To protect the UK from a massive influx of cases.....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, snowman said:

Contact tracing will be based on self-declaration, with those who test positive asked to get in touch with people who may need to take precaution. 

Cannan I think stumbled when he announced the requirements as I think he said that they were "asking" that you must report when you have a positive LFT.  It was after 19:48 of the recording I am watching. It was therefore not clear whether you must report a positive LFT or it remains purely voluntarily. Presumably it will be clarified in the follow up publications. 

16 minutes ago, snowman said:

Close contacts of anyone with suspected Omicron will no longer have to self-isolate.

The Chief Minister has announced that cases concerning Covid-19 and its variants will now all be treated the same, with close contacts being asked to take lateral flow tests daily for seven days.

Those currently in isolation in response to Omicron will be contacted by 111 from Wednesday and released from self-isolation, and asked to take an LFD.

Contact tracing will be based on self-declaration, with those who test positive asked to get in touch with people who may need to take precaution. 

That's not going to happen though.

1 minute ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

So essentially we're back to March 2020 with no real testing and we'll only be able to guesstimate how many cases there are based off hospital numbers and deaths. Pretty sure that policy ended up requiring a particularly long lockdown to extradite us from the shit it caused. Let's hope this gamble pays off because I really can't be bothered with another lockdown.

No in March 2020 there was no real knowledge of the virus and no vaccine. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Cannan I think stumbled when he announced the requirements as I think he said that they were "asking" that you must report when you have a positive LFT.  It was after 19:48 of the recording I am watching. It was therefore not clear whether you must report a positive LFT or it remains purely voluntarily. Presumably it will be clarified in the follow up publications. 

Voluntary.  

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Voluntary.  

The way I read it, it’s all 100% voluntary and he said the public had been brilliant in complying so far. No need for strict rules and compliance as the public can be trusted. That will upset a lot of the Facebook crowd who were waiting to be told what to do next. 

• Like 4

Just now, Roxanne said:

It was glorious. I loved how both he and KM answered the questions with factual information delivered without hesitation, rather than the three stooges who always gave the impression that they were just making it up and, making excuses. 

This felt honest and heartfelt. And we’ve needed that. 

It feels like having the grown ups back in charge. 

• Thanks 3