IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You don’t know that. No-one knows yet. It may come to nothing, yes, or it may not. Frankly I’d rather prepare for it and be grateful it hasn’t happened than have you in charge telling us it’s never going to happen and it’ll be reet. 

Where did I say it’s not going to happen? I said this is about the fourth time they’ve forecast total doom and it hasn’t happened previously yet. You can only cry wolf so many times and maintain any form of credibility. I thought Alf did very well. 

• Like 2

Just now, Gladys said:

And the policy was eradication. 

Not at the start it wasn't. Eradication was an accidental byproduct of a highly complaint population. A lack of testing resulted in the virus running unchecked until a lockdown was required to slow it down. 

We are a lot more prepared this time but the question is will the hospital be able to cope a) with high staff sickness and b) a large influx of patients all at once?  I guess only time will tell. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Not at the start it wasn't. Eradication was an accidental byproduct of a highly complaint population. A lack of testing resulted in the virus running unchecked until a lockdown was required to slow it down. 

We are a lot more prepared this time but the question is will the hospital be able to cope a) with high staff sickness and b) a large influx of patients all at once?  I guess only time will tell. 

It wasn't accidental as such but I agree it was a result better than anyone expected and certainly didn't become policy until we had surprised ourselves by the 'success'. 

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It was glorious. I loved how both he and KM answered the questions with factual information delivered without hesitation, rather than the three stooges who always gave the impression that they were just making it up and, making excuses. 

This felt honest and heartfelt. And we’ve needed that. 

Sorry Rox but I didn’t really glean anything from that. Some  factual information that we already knew ( omni is spreading fast etc)

There was a man with the most boring voice in the world talking us through graphs you couldn’t really see.

I assume KM was on zoom because she was talking from her home in the UK? (Apologies if wrong) 

Anyway I guess any communication is better than no communication.

Hopefully I’ll get more out of the next one

• Like 1

I thought it was a refreshing change from the (too dumb to know he’s) Dumb and (too arrogant to think he isn’t) Dumber show we have endured in the past. I am cautiously pleasantly surprised at the measured response and the pragmatic approach to managing the cases without crippling the economy and shutting us down and in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

Oh and Alf, remove the requirement for PCR tests while you are reducing the isolation requirements as well please.

We all know people aren’t volunteering the fact that they have a positive LFT because they can’t risk ten days isolation and the chance of their whole family having to isolate if possible omicron.

If you could ditch the PCR, the ten day iso and the stupid requirement for a whole household to isolate if possible omicron that would be lovely.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Alf.

See you in the Rovers tomorrow.

Banker is buying.