IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

A pragmatic approach from Alf that reflects what is likely to be already actually happening on the ground re. self testing. I would be surprised if many people from this point forward voluntarily inform the government about a positive test, however most responsible people will isolate themselves anyway. If you treat the public like responsible adults I am sure the government will be pleasantly surprised by the response. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

A pragmatic approach from Alf that reflects what is likely to be already actually happening on the ground re. self testing. I would be surprised if many people from this point forward voluntarily inform the government about a positive test, however most responsible people will isolate themselves anyway. If you treat the public like responsible adults I am sure the government will be pleasantly surprised by the response. 

Like we used to when flu was around - my how I miss flu

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You just don’t get it do you. You’re so wrapped up in your indignation. 

To be fair you sound quite indignant. That’s a very long post. I will happily donate £200 to hospice should a negative forecast actually come true. But very few of them indeed have come true so far. That’s the reality. As I said I support Alf Cannan 100% on this. But certainly not on the Liverpool terminal. 

Edited by Petefella
That’s
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Indeed. Instead it’s almost as if half the people have been hypnotised by the previous crew into believing that only three people could save them. 

it’s got more than a tinge of Stockholm syndrome about it. 

It was great to hear the CM gently praising but making the boundaries quite clear. 

I think it was the best briefing yet by a country mile. 

Has someone got a little Alf-crush?:wub:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

15th Dec was actually 102,000 cases according to data released today. Interesting that they didn't update the graphs.

20211220_203515.jpg

Does it really matter? 

The only figures that now matter are hospital admissions. If the health service is not overwhelmed then there is no issue. 

102,000 may of had a wet fart, but if nobody shat themselves then there's no problem. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

You just don’t get it do you. You’re so wrapped up in your indignation. 

You’re so cross you’ve lost sight of your logic.

I think you’re right there Rox.

This guy is pissed off in the situation he finds himself ( who wouldn’t be) but he’s lashing out at all and sundry.

The Government is not responsible for COVID, it’s not even responsible for the economic damage it has inflicted.

It has a responsibility to its citizens to protect them as best it can. If that means restrictions, lockdowns etc so be it, which will of course impact upon businesses.

They have introduced a series of measures to mitigate the economic effects to business but there is no bottomless pit of money. Who would have envisaged a situation where Government were paying most of the wages of people employed in private businesses?

It’s a very delicate balance to keep the economy going whilst looking after the public purse.

The Government get very little praise when things are going well ( eg the zero tax regime)

21 minutes ago, Petefella said:

To be fair you sound quite indignant. That’s a very long post. I will happily donate £200 to hospice should a negative forecast actually come true. But very few of them indeed have come true so far. That’s the reality. As I said I support Alf Cannan 100% on this. But certainly not on the Liverpool terminal. 

Hope this is a spare £200 once you have paid you of your Government loan

Edited by The Voice of Reason

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think you’re right there Rox.

This guy is pissed off in the situation he finds himself ( who wouldn’t be) but he’s lashing out at all and sundry.

Sorry who have I lashed out please? I support Alf Cannan 100% on this and I will happily donate £200 to hospice if any of the negatives people are discussing as potential realities end up happening. Those negatives are killing businesses and peoples general wellbeing. Where I don’t support Cannan is his acceptance of £70 million plus of civil servants complete incompetence that we will be paying off for the next 50 or so years on top of the Covid debts. 

• Like 1

It's good to have someone at the top who can sound like he is in command of his brief and his team. I found this latest briefing to be much better, in that it contained no pretended expertise, no patronisation and sought questions with the willingness to give answers. Given that the current variant is bringing a rapidly developing situation and that the scientific analysis of the impact of infection is still in the early stages (even though early data looks encouraging), it is right that the Government takes a considered approach to mitigation and restriction. I hope that they have got this right but AC increases my confidence in Government, in this matter at least.

Edited by joebean
grammar
  • Like 3