IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

I assume when you took out the loan it was on the clear understanding (as set out in the legal agreement) that it had to be repaid.

As the old adage goes “Don’t sign anything you don’t understand “

No when I took out the loan it was clear it was 80% government backed and that it was credit scored on the back of them covering the loan if it went wrong not my business. Additionally I wouldn’t have needed to borrow the money if government hadn’t shut my business down for 6 months. As I’m sure you might understand. If a business has no assets it can’t repay a business loan and so the guarantor pick up the tab. Just like the taxpayer did for £400 million of MUA debt, and £70 million for Liverpool. £25k is buttons really. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think you’re right there Rox.

This guy is pissed off in the situation he finds himself ( who wouldn’t be) but he’s lashing out at all and sundry.

The Government is not responsible for COVID, it’s not even responsible for the economic damage it has inflicted.

It has a responsibility to its citizens to protect them as best it can. If that means restrictions, lockdowns etc so be it, which will of course impact upon businesses.

They have introduced a series of measures to mitigate the economic effects to business but there is no bottomless pit of money. Who would have envisaged a situation where Government were paying most of the wages of people employed in private businesses?

It’s a very delicate balance to keep the economy going whilst looking after the public purse.

The Government get very little praise when things are going well ( eg the zero tax regime)

The government is responsible for the economic mess as its their rules that forced people to stop working. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The government is responsible for the economic mess as its their rules that forced people to stop working. 

Yes their rules that prevented more people from falling ill and in all probability,  dying.

The economic mess was an unavoidable consequence of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Petefella said:

No when I took out the loan it was clear it was 80% government backed and that it was credit scored on the back of them covering the loan if it went wrong not my business. Additionally I wouldn’t have needed to borrow the money if government hadn’t shut my business down for 6 months. As I’m sure you might understand. If a business has no assets it can’t repay a business loan and so the guarantor pick up the tab. Just like the taxpayer did for £400 million of MUA debt, and £70 million for Liverpool. £25k is buttons really. 

OK if the Government ( the taxpayer) has to bear 80 % of any default as you say who am I to argue?

As to the other 20 %, who is responsible for that?

The Government didn’t shut down your business for six months because they didn’t like you. It was part of a policy to deal with the fatal COVID pandemic.

You may say that 25k is buttons. But would you say that if someone had cheated the benefits system out of that amount?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

OK if the Government ( the taxpayer) has to bear 80 % of any default as you say who am I to argue?

You’re not quite understanding all this. Government has been dropping its own mega (hundreds of millions) loses onto the taxpayer for decades. Government did shut down peoples businesses. Government offered them loans to survive because they shut them down otherwise there would have been riots as people would have gone bust 2 years ago. Now those loans are going to be defaulted on by a lot of businesses that are still going to go under. Because the money should never have been loaned in the first place. Because the only reason that businesses needed the money was because government had shut them down. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

So essentially we're back to March 2020 with no real testing and we'll only be able to guesstimate how many cases there are based off hospital numbers and deaths. Pretty sure that policy ended up requiring a particularly long lockdown to extradite us from the shit it caused. Let's hope this gamble pays off because I really can't be bothered with another lockdown.

'Vaccines' hadn't kicked in back then different story now.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You can’t make an omelette without breaking eggs.

No, but eggs are the fundamental ingredient for an omlette.

The businesses that were screwed over by COVID restrictions, were not any more fundamental to the spread of the virus (which was no risk to most people anyway) than loads of other things that didn't lose fortunes.  

The way many, many businesses were just thrown under the bus is indefensible and people on a guaranteed salary who haven't ever had the  balls to take the risk themselves cant comprehend the pain people have been through.

People paying money each week to try and keep a business going when government forced them to stop all their income.

You will never get it, but hundreds if not thousands of people have through no fault of their own had their business and life destroyed by restrictions that were non sensical.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1