IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

You may well be right, though Lewin is still shown as the CEO of DfE.  But the last thing they want is the top job in the Civil Service being appointed by open competition, far better to make sure it goes to the right mate especially if they have a track record of being in charge of such a well-run and productive Department.

He's not another member of the special club by any chance? Seems to have been employed by the sefton.....I mean we have never seen them receive favourable treatment by govt in the past

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

As you will. Only, we have enough whining negative sods on here and I was rather hoping that a new poster might bring a breath of fresh air. 

But never mind - you just crack on. 

Seems the sort that came out of the womb whinging.

You wouldn’t want to be sat next to him at a dinner party.

3 hours ago, Danoo said:

Kick the doom mongers to the kerb and get back to running an island again. Leave the public to police themselves and we can get back to generating more commerce to fill the coffers again. 

The public are indeed policing themselves and doing so by staying away from situations where they might catch Covid .  Which means the coffers aren't filling.  It seems to me that an awful lot of those calling for people to "look after their own health"[1] then get very upset  when people actually start to do that and then make decision that are different from their own.

[1]  Which is a completely stupid thing to say if you think about it anyway.  What are people supposed to do - set up their own hospital? learn to do their own brain surgery?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The public are indeed policing themselves and doing so by staying away from situations where they might catch Covid .  Which means the coffers aren't filling.  It seems to me that an awful lot of those calling for people to "look after their own health"[1] then get very upset  when people actually start to do that and then make decision that are different from their own.

[1]  Which is a completely stupid thing to say if you think about it anyway.  What are people supposed to do - set up their own hospital? learn to do their own brain surgery?

There appear to have been several attempts at brain surgery by amateurs on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

Don't dare trying to go to work in Wales 

It is this sort of over the top authoritarianism that gets peoples back up. Suggestions and advice regarding measures and I bet it would have a similar effect. I have no idea what is going on in the devolved nations. It makes the Isle of Man look like a liberal paradise, words that I never think I would associated with the island.

• Like 3