IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, quilp said:

Don't patronise me. The reality is that the progress and consequence of this variant is still unknown. It only appears that it might have mutated in our favour but that is yet to be fully revealed. Science is keeping its fingers-crossed, most people who are interested and have something of an understanding of how covid works are very optimistic, that's most people I know.

After the ubiquitous xmas and new year bonding sessions let's see how the figures are come end of January, if not hopefully before.

ETA: Ham_N_Eggs and opusManx beat me to it...

Ffs.

Read that again.  Especially the big about progress being unknown and then reflect on the previous unknowns and if the precautions taken were appropriate or WAY over the top.

Let’s not do the same again.  Stop reporting it and it goes away 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

None of the doomsday scenarios have played out and all is good in the hood.

You can only cry wolf so many times. Boris Johnson will be gone by New Year. A failed man presiding over a failing nation. I have to say I really do applaud Alf Cannan for being resolute and unswerving in his approach. Trade has literally picked up in the few days since he faced the negatives down. It’s become like Stockholm Syndrome for too many. Accepting what your captors tell you about what life should be all about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Petefella said:

Woman who has been the most vocal on Facebook now angry that people who hold an alternative view are now being more vocal on Facebook. 

5BA49619-C8F9-457C-A8BB-4E8EBE6FD3B4.jpeg

I think she is more qualified than you to speak on matters of Covid, or maybe you have a Microbiology degree or a Ph.D. but you don't do you

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, alpha-acid said:

I think she is more qualified than you to speak on matters of Covid, or maybe you have a Microbiology degree or a Ph.D. but you don't do you

I think he's just a bit bitter because she has often been supportive of measures to prevent the spread of COVID.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

Have her previous predictions been accurate?

Are we currently (or at any time) suffering any more than anywhere else in the British isles just because we can’t sequence our own cases locally?

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

Sorry I didn’t know you have to have a PHD in order to comment about things people post on Twitter about things people say on Facebook. 

Edited by Petefella
On
  • Haha 1

As the science about this current variant is in its early stages nobody, even those on the Island who have medical qualifications, really knows what the impact of infections will be. All we do know is that the early data suggests a milder disease. 
In the circumstances it is best to wait for good evidence before drawing conclusions. Taking sensible precautions whilst not rushing in further infringements to our human rights seems to be the best approach. It’s good to be living in a place that is adopting that strategy. Isn’t it?

• Like 6

That's absolute bollocks quite honestly. 

Yes she's more qualified to talk about what happens in a science lab and sequencing stuff. 

I'm not sure if you've noticed though but this pandemic is contained within the four walls of a science lab (well it was until it apparently escaped, but that's another story) it's happening in the real world. 

The views of local businesses, families that were separated for 12+ months, people who have had operations cancelled, people who have lost jobs because of restrictions- all of their views are just as valid as those of Dr. Glover, she may not like it but that's the way it is. It's about time people stopped pussy footing around her and acting like she's some kind of prophet. 

The doctor will no doubt start claiming people are taking aim at her - well that's unsurprising when you start acting like the Big I Am.

Edited by James Blonde
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

What evidence, which part? 

What evidence? have you been asleep for the last 2 years? the pattern is new variant, panic NHS will be overwhelmed. Reality is the NHS isn't getting overwhelmed and at no point has it been. They built new hospitals that never saw a single patient. What will happen come the end of January is pretty much nothing. 

• Like 2

A person with a microbiology PhD is no more qualified to comment about the role of a politician than a person without.

• Like 6

I have never played or managed in the Premier League but I can tell when a team is playing shit, just because you don't have degrees etc doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, I mean scientists have been disagreeing with things through this whole pandemic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I have never played or managed in the Premier League but I can tell when a team is playing shit, just because you don't have degrees etc doesn't mean you can't have an opinion, I mean scientists have been disagreeing with things through this whole pandemic

Be honest here thommo. Did your gambling losses come from backing a hunch or was it because you really understand mathematics and mathematics didn't work?

Edited by the stinking enigma
  • Like 1