IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Saying that, many of us have become sort of experts on coronavirology over the last 20 months and now are at a stage where we are starting to have a fundamental understanding which is probably as close as makes no difference to the actual experts view in terms of what we should do next.

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read recently. The whole problem with most things on social media is the high percentage of people who seem to believe they’ve become Covid experts just from reading rubbish online. 

39 minutes ago, Petefella said:

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read recently. The whole problem with most things on social media is the high percentage of people who seem to believe they’ve become Covid experts just from reading rubbish online. 

Aahhhh good old David Ashford ..

1 hour ago, Danoo said:

She did and still does over-estimate her own importance in this whole pandemic. Agreed she came to the party when everything was all over the place and her input and contacts were valuable at the time.

After that she, for some reason, assumed she would stay within the political decision making process which was completely above her pay grade, expertise and relevance. Even now she is still using her social media platform to point out to politicians what they should and shouldn't be doing, which is completely irrational and egotistical behaviour. If I have an issue I want raised within the political arena I will go via my MHK privately, not post it across Facebook hoping they take some notice.

Dr Glover just came up against the usual CS wall of:-

"We are in charge, no matter how crap we are and you are not a gov employee so your input does not count"

AND

"You know a lot more than we do so we must ostracise you to ensure that we, the CS, look at least, employable" 

AND

"We need to have sight over every minute detail of taxpayers lives so you cannot have anyone outside gov doing anything we don't have 100% control over"

The island has become not far short of Putin's Paradise for the masses and I don't say that lightly.

The funny bit is that most of the CS are getting a big shock when their Gold Plated Pensions, don't pay out. They cant - Do the math, Ponzi schemes always crash.

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, quilp said:

This is not evidence.

I agree with Roxanne, it's plainly obvious you're another construct created to support a narrative.

Pure Sultanese. It always surfaces in the end, the style is unmistakable. You're not fooling anyone. 

You have a sixth sense for former forum members and their rebirths/reincarnation.

What has happened to the Avatar though. I had a mental image in my head that it was actually you. 

That's all confused now.

1 hour ago, Petefella said:

so why don't all the official medical experts  advising government agree with each other?  one would assume they all have the same official statistics to arrive at expert conclusions from. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, opusManx said:

Just an FYI: A U.K.-relevant excerpt from https://promedmail.org/ 's December 22nd COVID update :

"It its latest assessment, researchers from Imperial College London who examined data on people reporting symptoms and the proportion of cases needing hospitalization found no evidence that omicron infections are less severe than delta. They added, however, that hospitalization data are currently very limited.

The group also found that the risk of reinfection with omicron is 5.4 times greater than with delta, putting protection from earlier infection as low as 19%. They also estimate that omicron cases doubled every 2 days up to [Sat 11 Dec 2021] and that omicron's reproduction number was above 3 during the same period.

The experts found a different pattern for omicron compared with delta, with young adults, London residents, and those with African ethnicity more affected by omicron.

They estimated vaccine effectiveness after 2 doses at 0% to 20%, and effectiveness after a booster dose at 55% to 80%.

In a statement from the college, epidemiologist Neil Ferguson, OBE, said the study adds more evidence of substantial immune evasion from both infection and vaccination. "This level of immune evasion means that omicron poses a major, imminent threat to public health," he said.

The UK's Health Security Agency today [Mon 20 Dec 2021] in its latest weekly risk assessment also reflected the uncertainty about omicron severity. "There are insufficient data to fully assess severity, which is expected in the early period of emergence of a new variant," it said. "However, on the data available in the UK, there is no signal that supports a difference in the intrinsic virulence of the omicron virus compared to delta." https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/12/novavax-covid-vaccine-shows-904-efficacy-against-infection

Meanwhile, at a briefing today in South Africa, Health Minister Joe Phaahla said the early anecdotal reports of milder omicron illnesses might not reflect a less virulent virus but may instead be due to natural immunity from earlier infection or vaccination, according to Reuters."

So Ethnic groups in the UK such as those from an African background are more susceptible to catching the virus (Omicron), according to ICL and Neil Ferguson.

But ...

The Africans themselves (South Africans) reported milder & less devastating cases because they might have had better immunity though their vaccination levels which were painfully shy of the UK numbers at the time the new strain appeared? 

Confused? Concerned by the 'experts'?

You should be .....

Edited by Nom de plume

10 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

So Ethnic groups in the UK such as those from an African background are more susceptible to catching the virus (Omicron), according to ICL and Neil Ferguson.

But ...

The Africans themselves (South Africans) reported milder & less devastating cases because they might have had better immunity though their vaccination levels which were painfully shy of the UK numbers at the time the new strain appeared? 

Confused? Concerned by the 'experts'?

You should be .....

It will be like the early days of HIV. They’ll be claiming that we have a virus that just badly affects gay people shortly. All of this is so speculative with a strong leaning towards painting the worst possible picture to frighten people with. 

2 hours ago, Pipsqueak said:

so why don't all the official medical experts  advising government agree with each other?  one would assume they all have the same official statistics to arrive at expert conclusions from. 

Science is not a digital subject. Views are subjective though but without clear right or wrong. 

Thats always been my excuse when I am wrong anyway!

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

No, not saying that at all, but arguing that because she has a PhD in an unrelated area means that she can't be criticised for an opinion on everything else is barmy.  That was my point. 

How is he Ph.D unrelated seems very related to me 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

A couple of them who unfortunately would have probably died in the last two years anyway have died, and one who might have otherwise been OK got COVID and went into Noble’s - then died from complications from getting MRSA.

So you know three people who have died.

I don't see that as "all good in the hood".

• Like 1