IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

21 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

How is he Ph.D unrelated seems very related to me 

The quoted post was about the role of a politician and who they should listen to,  not about the virus.  If it was about the virus, then the PhD is highly relevant, but it was about what MHKs should do.

Her opinion on that is not backed by her PhD, unless she has one in politics or constitutional law,  although it is as valid an opinion as anyone else's (and as Declan says is probably right). 

But you piled in asking for the critical poster's qualifications in microbiology.  It was unnecessary and not relevant.  Just because Dr G has a PhD does not mean that her opinions on other things are unquestionable.  

The point Petefella was making, I think,  was something of the irony in a post about vocal groups on social media by someone who is also vocal on that platform.  It was not questioning her qualifications. 

28 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I know of three people who died who would have been dead by now anyway.

It's so sheight how people always seem to know about 3 or 4 people who support their anecdotal evidence.

Edited by pongo
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

WTAF are you talking about again?

You keep coming out with these cryptic messages about three or four and I have no idea what you are on about.

Please explain

To my mind he seems to be talking about three or four deaths.

I would be surprised if that wasn’t the case

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Well, if anyone needed convincing about how the vast majority of the posters here don't have a clue what is going on, speculate or just make stuff up, it's how I've been discussed on this thread over the last 24h. You have no idea. None at all.

As Oscar Wilde once said the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. I simply reproduced a copy of your Tweet. What is unusual in that or what speculation has that led to? You seem to be upset that common sense has taken over on Facebook after eighteen months of pandemic madness you yourself have capitalized upon. 

6 minutes ago, Petefella said:

You seem to be upset that common sense has taken over on Facebook after eighteen months of pandemic madness you yourself have capitalized upon

Apart from becoming "manx famous" how exactly has she capitalised upon the "pandemic madness"?

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs
  • Like 1