IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

25 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Apart from becoming "manx famous" how exactly has she capitalised upon the "pandemic madness"?

You mean other than absolutely everyone in the IOM now knowing who she is and what her business does? Although that might not actually be a good thing. It’s easy I’d suggest to ride a wave of hysteria in order to gain notoriety. 

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I think she has made a fool of herself

I remember the early days of this pandemic when we could send about 25 tests across per day with a 72 hour result and were in danger of running out of swabs. Had it not been for Rachel setting up local PCR testing we’d quite possibly have spent most of 2020 under some restrictions, instead of being free of covid. And yes it is a team that work on the testing side, but I don’t think there was anyone else that could have started it all off back then. 

That achievement in itself completely surpasses anything else that may have happened since.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, Petefella said:

You mean other than absolutely everyone in the IOM now knowing who she is and what her business does? Although that might not actually be a good thing. It’s easy I’d suggest to ride a wave of hysteria in order to gain notoriety. 

Most of the people who needed to know what her business does already knew about it. It's a pretty niche service. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

I remember the early days of this pandemic when we could send about 25 tests across per day with a 72 hour result and were in danger of running out of swabs. Had it not been for Rachel setting up local PCR testing we’d quite possibly have spent most of 2020 under some restrictions, instead of being free of covid. And yes it is a team that work on the testing side, but I don’t think there was anyone else that could have started it all off back then. 

That achievement in itself completely surpasses anything else that may have happened since.  

Damn you and your facts - you'll ruin this thread😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Would we not have just done what jersey, guernsey and the rest of the world did?

I don’t think suddenly needing to test for COVID and not being setup for it was a unique issue worldwide.

We might have needed to send to the UK for a few more days but countries with a a of less resources than we have managed.

Sounds like another case of the island thinking we face unique issues when we rarely do.

• Confused 1