IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

It's not about you and your buddies though is it? It's about protecting the health service. This latest variant spreads like wildfire, so there's a real risk to Nobles, emergency services and those involved with essential supply chain. Your flippant ' doesn't bother me' attitude is the only thing around here that's hard to comprehend.

Ps.  They are not my buddies.  Some of them or asshats but they are people I know

12 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

NHS staff sickness is up 150% over the last two weeks in London. Why is that do you think?

Partly because they’re testing at every sniffle and being off if covid positive, even though they could work. Over the years I’ve turned into work with cold and flu-like symptoms. Doctors rarely used to go off sick when I started out, because if you did you were dumping extra work onto your mates and we had enough to do. I learned a hard lesson about operating when ill and stopped doing that early on, but I’ve done many a clinic over the years with a cough, runny nose and a bit of a temperature. Can’t do it these days though, and nobody thanks you if you do. 

Ramseyboi has a point. I think he’s probably right, but we’re not yet quite certain that omicron is the final ‘common cold’ version of covid-19. I hope he is, and it is. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

I'm sure they all speak highly of you too LOL

NHS staff sickness is up 150% over the last two weeks in London. Why is that do you think?

Testing.

Did you read my posts.

People are off sick because they tested positive.  If they hadn’t done a test they would have no idea and would be working as normal.

The issue with staff absence is testing, not illness.  They are two separate things and you appear to have completely missed the point.

We are short staffed at work.  Not a single person is ill, but several over the last few weeks have tested positive.  No testing and we would have had a full workforce.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Partly because they’re testing at every sniffle and being off if covid positive, even though they could work. Over the years I’ve turned into work with cold and flu-like symptoms. Doctors rarely used to go off sick when I started out, because if you did you were dumping extra work onto your mates and we had enough to do. I learned a hard lesson about operating when ill and stopped doing that early on, but I’ve done many a clinic over the years with a cough, runny nose and a bit of a temperature. Can’t do it these days though, and nobody thanks you if you do. 

Ramseyboi has a point. I think he’s probably right, but we’re not yet quite certain that omicron is the final ‘common cold’ version of covid-19. I hope he is, and it is. 

Cheers.  That will shut the haters up 😂

I have said it before and I will say it again.  It’s not what is posted on here that people base their responses on, but who posts it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ramseyboi said:

Testing.

Did you read my posts.

People are off sick because they tested positive.  If they hadn’t done a test they would have no idea and would be working as normal.

The issue with staff absence is testing, not illness.  They are two separate things and you appear to have completely missed the point.

We are short staffed at work.  Not a single person is ill, but several over the last few weeks have tested positive.  No testing and we would have had a full workforce.

Can you guarantee that Omicron doesn't kill people?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

It's not about you and your buddies though is it? It's about protecting the health service.

Protecting the NHS is turning into the most ridiculous argument. How many times have we shut the economy down to protect it now? Soon there won’t be anything worth saving as we need to be paying taxes to fund the NHS and there are a huge number of companies and people who won’t be paying taxes because they aren’t making any money and are in fact losing a huge amount of money. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Roxanne said:

When you laugh at her, when you mock her, judge and deride her, you are doing it to every person who has been subjected to emotional abuse. 

I couldn’t let this one pass from this afternoon.  A well written and well intentioned post written by Roxanne and liked by all the usual suspects in the gang who belittle every contribution from other posters who don’t fit in without knowing anything of their backgrounds.

Every….single……time.  No matter what the content and until such time as someone they respect and who has an actual face like wrighty agrees with what they were taking the piss out of.

I will just leave that there and let some of you have a little think.  Maybe don’t criticise other people’s posting style or make judgements on their mental health when you know nothing about them.  Debate the content of their posts by all means and come back at them with actual responses - but drop the personal insults and assumptions. Just behave as Roxanne would want you to towards others.  You did after all agree with her.

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I couldn’t let this one pass from this afternoon.  A well written and well intentioned post written by Roxanne and liked by all the usual suspects in the gang who belittle every contribution from other posters who don’t fit in without knowing anything of their backgrounds.

Every….single……time.  No matter what the content and until such time as someone they respect and who has an actual face like wrighty agrees with what they were taking the piss out of.

I will just leave that there and let some of you have a little think.  Maybe don’t criticise other people’s posting style or make judgements on their mental health when you know nothing about them.  Debate the content of their posts by all means and come back at them with actual responses - but drop the personal insults and assumptions. Just behave as Roxanne would want you to towards others.  You did after all agree with her.

Rox is Mutti

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Maybe don’t criticise other people’s posting style or make judgements on their mental health when you know nothing about them.  

There appears to be some great allegations made about peoples mental health by some posters who should probably try to analyze how their own insane and depressing posts come across. 

5 minutes ago, Petefella said:

There appears to be some great allegations made about peoples mental health by some posters who should probably try to analyze how their own insane and depressing posts come across. 

A wise man once told me:

If you think everyone around you is a dickhead. It is probably infact you that is the dickhead.

• Thanks 1