IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

13 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

The sad thing is those same people will assume that because you agree with me you are me under a different name.  They do it relentlessly and it is a bit odd.

Hell no. There is a LOT you have said that I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Edited by rachomics
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Are you saying that @Roxanne was incorrect in her opinion of me over a rather random Zoom call? Her post here was the first time I've heard of what she thought of me after that call.

I don’t know . It was an opinion which by definition  is neither correct or incorrect.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Hell no. There is a LOT you have said that I wholeheartedly disagree with.

That’s some delusion of grandeur right there 😂. I wasn’t talking about you!  Or is it a joke? 😂. Fu** it!

Merry Christmas.  How about everybody just behaves from now on.

Ho Ho Ho 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Yes, those 176 LFD positives that mysteriously disappeared from the dashboard in favour of 36 PCR positives only couldn't possibly mean that our case rate was 212 today if everyone had gone through the Grandstand for a PCR. 

To be fair they didn't disappear from the dashboard:

image.png.ddf16839df1eefda44a74323b66a0f77.png

however the press release (via 3FM) seems to have done its best to blur the numbers:

It's stated that not all of these [179 positive LFT tests] may relate to new cases due to the possibility of leaving isolation early if you record at least two negative tests taken at least 24 hours apart. 

But they should know which of these reports relate to new cases or not (that's the point of reporting them) and it's not clear what it means anyway - are people ringing up to record subsequent positive, rather than negative tests.

Of course the irony is that about 11% of positive LFTs were giving negative PCRs subsequently (re Cannan in last weeks Tynwald).  So they may actually be inflating to numbers a little. though 193 positives would still be one of the highest ever.

2 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

No.

Can you guarantee that peanuts don’t?

What a facile comment.

You state that if testing were stopped folks could just get on with their lives. The fact that they would also be spreading the virus doesn't seem to cause you an issue.

It should...

• Like 2

Like Dr Glover, I post rarely, but read a fair bit of the content on here. In my humble opinion, 98% of what I have read in this thread is little more than a points scoring exercise, 1% from the general posters have the odd bit of value, and the other 1%, is based on factual, pertinent information, generally posted from Dr Glover.

In summary, thanks to Dr Glover for her contribution to the wider cause, and to the wider community, thanks for the 'entertainment'.

Oh yes, before I sign out, come on people, how's about stopping the whining about what has happened, focus on what is happening, pop a mask on when appropriate (not exactly hard to do), and get on with life.

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tricky said:

Oh yes, before I sign out, come on people, how's about stopping the whining about what has happened, focus on what is happening, pop a mask on when appropriate (not exactly hard to do), and get on with life.

Given that this forum seems to consist of wall to wall whining about just about everything why on earth would anyone seek to stop people expressing a view about one subject only? I’m just about to go bust due to this mess. Many many people have been impacted by this complete Covid madness; much of which has been completely unnecessary and thoroughly damaging but some people are still arrogant enough to suggest that it’s not discussed because they themselves are probably sat on a government wage wondering what all the fuss has been about.