IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Correct.  People who would have never known they had it are testing and finding out they do have it but hadn't noticed.

Madness.  A few more months hopefully and we will have stopped bothering

I wonder what would happen if government declared an amnesty for restrictions on positives and just asked every single person to test on Friday morning.   What are people guesses at how many positives?  Easily more than 2000 I reckon

The answer is simple. Charge for LFTs. People will no use them. If you are sick, get a PCR. At the moment, loads of people are probably looking for Wed to Fri off. It will all calm down when he schools are back. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

That's fine. Provided that it becomes unacceptable for anyone to turn up anywhere with a sniffle.

I've always been annoyed by people who take their colds to work/on a flight/to the supermarket etc.

I have a cough as a side effect of medication I am on, and will spend most of the spring and summer with a runny nose and eyes.  Same applies to lots of other people.

If you have a decent immune system you shouldn't be arsed about someone having a cold.  If you don, then maybe you should stay at home or take your own precautions like masks and sanitizer.  Dont expect everyone else to pander to you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pongo said:

I don't expect everyone else to have good manners, no. But anyone spreading their cold around is an oik.

What do you want people to do?  Stay at home in quarantine everytime they have a runny nose?

If people need to go to work to get paid then they will travel on the bus with a cold.  If they need food they will go to the shops etc etc.

Are you one of those germaphobes or is this a post pandemic thing?

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

What do you want people to do?  Stay at home in quarantine everytime they have a runny nose?

If people need to go to work to get paid then they will travel on the bus with a cold.  If they need food they will go to the shops etc etc.

Are you one of those germaphobes or is this a post pandemic thing?

If people keep their colds at home fewer people will end up with nasty colds. And fewer working days will be lost.

If you take your cold to the workplace then everyone else gets it too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

If people keep their colds at home fewer people will end up with nasty colds. And fewer working days will be lost.

If you take your cold to the workplace then everyone else gets it too.

So?  who takes time off with a cold?  Most people cant afford to do that and most bosses would fire you if you tried.

So?  who takes time off with a cold?  Most people cant afford to do that and most bosses would fire you if you tried.

I doubt that that you are doing anything so important that that you cannot afford to avoid people for a few days and work from home if you have a cold?

Many employers specifically ask people not to bring their colds to work

2 minutes ago, pongo said:

I doubt that that you are doing anything so important that that you cannot afford to avoid people for a few days and work from home if you have a cold?

Many employers specifically ask people not to bring their colds to work

Ah ok.  You must work in an office all the time.  Lots of other people don't and don't get paid if they don't turn up.

Ah ok.  You must work in an office all the time.  Lots of other people don't and don't get paid if they don't turn up.

Presumably you are not living so hand-to-mouth that you cannot afford to miss a few days work.

Also your clients don't want you taking it to them either.

But you don't want people to test.

OMG.  I am testing everyday at the moment, but since loads of other people aren't then what is the point?

If everyone stopped testing then it would just disappear in a few weeks.   Plenty of other poster agree with me on that point - PEOPLE ARE NOT GETTING ILL WITH OMICRON.

Just stop testing and let it fizzle out of our lives while still circulating like a common cold

• Sad 1

Presumably you are not living so hand-to-mouth that you cannot afford to miss a few days work.

Also your clients don't want you taking it to them either.

FFS.  You don't even live in the real world.  Who said I was talking about me - although I have been in a situation where a few unpaid days would have tipped me over the edge.

Can you not comprehend how it a big deal for some people to miss work and not be paid a days wage - wow. 

• Like 1