IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Quite, he could not have been a resident as he had nowhere to reside, so could not be registered as one under the regs at the time of his application. 

Anyone who has met this Bayley guy will tell you he’s a thoroughly unpleasant type, argues with his own shadow, had run ins with authority previously, can’t believe he is wrong ( ever ), and is the nightmare landlord from hell.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, John Wright said:

He had already decided to sell, way back in November.

Which explains how the sale could go through in February. And to expect the tenants to move out immediately on the expiry of the contract is fanciful. They were negotiating to buy, the island was in lockdown, there's a shortage of available rental property, especially of that type.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Anyone who has met this Bayley guy will tell you he’s a thoroughly unpleasant type, argues with his own shadow, had run ins with authority previously, can’t believe he is wrong ( ever ), and is the nightmare landlord from hell.

You surprise me!  But to be fair, being an unpleasant type (changed from my original four letter epithet)  shouldn't mean he is automatically in the wrong, but it would seem he was in this case!

2 hours ago, Happier diner said:

Do you have a source or reference for your numbers?

it was covered under ' i think'  a questionable claim at times in the eyes of others,  but LFT tests can only come back as positive and  the results used to 'control' the public IF the public actually take them.  there are enough people who are being provided with funds for being off work to hope it stays that way forever.

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

it was covered under ' i think'  a questionable claim at times in the eyes of others,  but LFT tests can only come back as positive and  the results used to 'control' the public IF the public actually take them.  there are enough people who are being provided with funds for being off work to hope it stays that way forever.

That will be a no then!

In my long experience of employment there are small numbers scurrilous persons with low levels of integrity who will take advantage of situations. Whether they work in private or public roles makes no difference whatsoever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gladys said:

But they weren't arbitrary rules, they were the regulations.  The CS had the final say as to whether anyone is in fact resident. 

To my mind there should have been a proper oversight and review process. Handing that power to individual civil servants to act unilaterally was wrong. There seems to have been a lack of consistency in a lot of the decisions made which affected peoples lives a lot worse than this. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, WTF said:

Who are these people being provided with funds for being off work?

I use lft tests but I am not being 'controlled'. How fanciful. I am checking whether i am currently infected by the pandemic sweeping the world. If I get it, I will stay in to avoid passing it to others. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/28/2021 at 10:32 AM, Roxanne said:

I have a friend who is currently caught up in this. She tried to leave in her van to travel to Spain about four weeks ago and has had her vehicle barricaded. She is now relying on friends to bring provisions to her house. It sounded bad four weeks ago but she tells me the situation now is escalating by the day. 

In Germany? 

1 hour ago, Paulos The Great said:

To my mind there should have been a proper oversight and review process. Handing that power to individual civil servants to act unilaterally was wrong. There seems to have been a lack of consistency in a lot of the decisions made which affected peoples lives a lot worse than this. 

But oversight and review by whom?  The CS is accountable for his decisions as shown by this case, he has to have come to a decision in a reasonable manner.  I can't comment on other examples of inconsistent application of the regs as I don't know the circumstances.  

The thing is, there were regulations, and by any reading of them, I don't know how someone who wishes to return for the sole purpose of selling a property in which someone else lives can be regarded as a resident of it, let alone that it is their principal place of residence.  

There may be much more clear cut and worthy examples, but without knowing the detail, it is hard to comment.

And I say that as someone who has been critical of some of the last administration's actions, but that doesn't mean everything done was shit.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

He must be an MF poster then...... 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2