IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

52 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Said Macron as he drew himself up to his maximum height of 5ft 9in (including the Cuban heels).

He's fast overtaking Boris as one of Europe's fictional comic characters.

He’s just reacting to Clown Boris’ antics. I’m still fine with my German passport :) 

8 hours ago, Omobono said:

Time Boris was stopping all the bottled water  wine cheese  french cars  and all their other exports from coming in to the UK  in retaliation,  this is just part of Macrons  bid for re election , look at me the strong man of french politics putting all these brits through misery  and Dick waving  !    , when Covid is even more rife in his own country  and millions are not even being tested or have the facilities  or equipment  to test , 

The jingoistics ignored the keystone issue in Brexit - politics. If we aren’t in the club, we shouldn’t expect a free pass into it. Similarly, one shouldn’t expect to be able to influence its rules from outside the door.

withdrawal from the Union only solved problems that didn’t exist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Is it possible to be immune from covid?

That's 4 people I've had close contact with spending time in their company since Sunday test positive. I'm absolutely fine, done a couple of lft as I've had elderly people round the house and keep testing negative. Nearly 2 years of this and I've not had it despite working pretty much every day and being in contact at work with people who were sick and then tested positive. 

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

That's 4 people I've had close contact with spending time in their company since Sunday test positive. I'm absolutely fine, done a couple of lft as I've had elderly people round the house and keep testing negative. Nearly 2 years of this and I've not had it despite working pretty much every day and being in contact at work with people who were sick and then tested positive. 

Of course it is. There was a study done of front line NHS workers who worked all the way through the pandemic and not a sniffle. They tested them and found out they had robust immunity from previous coronavirus infections. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cambon said:

Although this is true, what is also true is that of 60% of Covid positive tests are Omicron, 40% are still Delta or other variants. 

That's rubbish. An increasing % of tests these days are now LFT's, of which it can't tell you if it's Omicron, Delta or Fanta.  

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I'm the same.  Multiple exposures - must have had, as people I've been out and about with have tested positive when I never have, including in Milan at an indoor concert with about 5000 people just as it was all kicking off in Italy last year.

Having said that I'll probably go and test positive :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

I was the same until I caught it very recently. Had very close contacts several times and no positive. Until it was 😂 if you are vaxxed and boosted you're less likely to pick it up, otherwise you probably will in time.

If you have close contacts from sunday last, that is only 4 days and the average is 5 days from exposure to positive test.

3 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The jingoistics ignored the keystone issue in Brexit - politics. If we aren’t in the club, we shouldn’t expect a free pass into it. Similarly, one shouldn’t expect to be able to influence its rules from outside the door.

withdrawal from the Union only solved problems that didn’t exist.

Really Derek? Are you really stooping to the level of insulting those that wanted to leave the EU as jingoists? I had thought better of you than that. 
As for non-existent problems.. it wasn’t that long ago that the right to self-determination; democracy; primacy of our country’s own laws; the right to control your own borders and assets and to set your own country’s economic policy via the ballot box were, in part at least, considered big enough issues to give up your life for. Now, we gladly give it away for the sake of tomatoes on shelves all year round and no queues at passport control the other side of the tunnel. Ok, that is glib but some comments you read from those that continue to want to be in the EU (rather than Europe) do repeat these simplistic notions of what EU membership was really about. 
I predict that in the not so distant future, when Germany realises that the EU, having once been very advantageous to them now saddles then with high inflation, low earnings and a huge debt mountain created by economic policies determined by the likes of France and Italy, big questions will be asked about their ability to sustain membership. Jingoists may become visionaries, in that scenario. In the meantime Mr Macron’s petty insults and posturing are a very small price to pay.  I actually quite enjoy them. 

Edited by joebean
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Brexit was the right way to go and other countries are rapidly coming to this conclusion, we were the first brick out of the wall, one that was holding a lot of poorer countries up.   The E.U. family is not a happy one and I fully expect in the next decade that wall will collapse.

Absolute BS.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Omobono said:

Time Boris was stopping all the bottled water  wine cheese  french cars  and all their other exports from coming in to the UK  in retaliation,  this is just part of Macrons  bid for re election , look at me the strong man of french politics putting all these brits through misery  and Dick waving  !    , when Covid is even more rife in his own country  and millions are not even being tested or have the facilities  or equipment  to test , 

Actually, Macron is probably doing us a favour. The vast majority of cases in France are Delta. 209,000 new cases yesterday, and it is only so low because their PCR testing facilities were overwhelmed. 

15 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Actually, Macron is probably doing us a favour. The vast majority of cases in France are Delta. 209,000 new cases yesterday, and it is only so low because their PCR testing facilities were overwhelmed. 

Only a totally selfish moron travels when there's a pandemic. NHS is overwhelmed, other services struggling. People are just idiots.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

Time Boris was stopping all the bottled water  wine cheese  french cars  and all their other exports from coming in to the UK  in retaliation,  this is just part of Macrons  bid for re election ,

Don't be daft. Why would we want to deprive ourselves of all those wonderful French products just to interfere in a foreign election? That's crazy talk. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GD4ELI said:

Only a totally selfish moron travels when there's a pandemic. NHS is overwhelmed, other services struggling. People are just idiots.

That's a good point. And if you do take the risk, you shouldn't bleat about it when things don't go quite as smoothly as you'd like. Take it on the chin and shut up. 

• Like 1