IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

26 minutes ago, WTF said:

wrighty asked where's closed tonight, not where wasn't serving food 8 days ago.

And I am at work and don’t have time to search for something that is of no interest to me since my own plans are just to go to a mates house.

We all know loads of places are closed as a result of this stupid policy where people can claim they have covid, isolate for two or three days, then go back to work on Tuesday.

I called it early in the week, and it’s panning out exactly.  There is no way five times as many people got it in the last couple of days as last week.  They are just manipulating a stupid system that our incompetent government have implemented.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And I am at work and don’t have time to search for something that is of no interest to me since my own plans are just to go to a mates house.

So why post and promote falacious controversy? You're the forum equivalent of the Daily Mail. 😄

I called it early in the week, and it’s panning out exactly.

Lol, let's put you in charge...

They are just manipulating a stupid system that our incompetent government have implemented.

Who is "they" and to what end?

It is what it is, a pandemic, do you understand the meaning and consequences of a highly pathogenic virus? Does the possibility of it overwhelming the health service not give you pause for thought? 

The situation seems to be improving, the evidence from SA appears to confirm that there is a light at the end of the covid tunnel. And here you are having the audacity to call out other's for 'doom-mongering'.

• Like 1

Just now, quilp said:

Who is "they" and to what end?

It is what it is, a pandemic, do you understand the meaning and consequences of a highly pathogenic virus? Does the possibility of it overwhelming the health service not give you pause for thought? 

We are way past a point where it would overwhelm the health service UNLESS we keep making people who aren’t ill isolate and a growing number of experts agree and have been stating as such.

”They” are people who want to blah an extended Christmas break and there are loads of them taking advantage of the stupid new rules.  A woman in our office this morning is blatantly announcing her daughter didn’t want to work this evening so is pretending she has a positive LFT and screwing her employer over.

Certain people will take advantage of any situation they can.  The issue with this one is that the blaggers are impacting on stats and frightening people into thinking it is much more widespread than it is and impacting on hospital visiting etc.

If I wasn’t able to visit my wife in Nobles because they have made a decision based on fake cases I would be mighty pissed off. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And Harbour Views and plenty of other businesses being trashed but plenty here don’t want to believe it.

"plenty here don't want to believe it"

Most people believe that precautions, ongoing, need to be adhered to. Hence the increased prevalence of mask-wearing and distancing.

You may have noticed that many places are closed because their staff currently have covid or are self-isolating awaiting test-results.

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

We are way past a point where it would overwhelm the health service UNLESS we keep making people who aren’t ill isolate and a growing number of experts agree and have been stating as such.

”They” are people who want to blah an extended Christmas break and there are loads of them taking advantage of the stupid new rules.  A woman in our office this morning is blatantly announcing her daughter didn’t want to work this evening so is pretending she has a positive LFT and screwing her employer over.

Certain people will take advantage of any situation they can.  The issue with this one is that the blaggers are impacting on stats and frightening people into thinking it is much more widespread than it is and impacting on hospital visiting etc.

If I wasn’t able to visit my wife in Nobles because they have made a decision based on fake cases I would be mighty pissed off. 

I think the only one spreading fake news is you! obviously the hospital & care homes want to protect already I’ll & vulnerable people from catching Covid which could well kill them or make them seriously ill.

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

"plenty here don't want to believe it"

Most people believe that precautions, ongoing, need to be adhered to. Hence the increased prevalence of mask-wearing and distancing.

You may have noticed that many places are closed because their staff currently have covid or are self-isolating awaiting test-results.

Are pretending to have COVID.  These people are either making it up or even those who are positive are not ill.

I don’t know a single person with anymore than slight cold symptoms.  Not one out of scores who are isolating.  It’s a joke

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

I think the only one spreading fake news is you! obviously the hospital & care homes want to protect already I’ll & vulnerable people from catching Covid which could well kill them or make them seriously ill.

Straw poll then.

how many people do posters know who are actually ill enough with it in the last couple of weeks that they couldn’t work?

None, out of easily over fifty people I am aware of directly and through friends and family.  

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You posted that the number of places closed TONIGHT is madness. From this I inferred that you knew which ones. I didn’t expect you to search for me. You do however seem to have plenty of time to post other stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Are pretending to have COVID.  These people are either making it up or even those who are positive are not ill.

I don’t know a single person with anymore than slight cold symptoms.  Not one out of scores who are isolating.  It’s a joke

You need to learn to trust people jeeves. I expect you keep the wife on a short leash

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

You need to learn to trust people jeeves. I expect you keep the wife on a short leash

Not at all.

Let’s see what happens to figures next week.  If these cases are all legit they will continue to rise.  My gut feeling is we will be back down to about 150-200 a day by this time next week when people stop playing the system 

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Let’s see what happens to figures next week. If these cases are all legit they will continue to rise. My gut feeling is we will be back down to about 150-200 a day by this time next week when people stop playing the system 

We shall see...

• Like 1