IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

24 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not at all.

Let’s see what happens to figures next week.  If these cases are all legit they will continue to rise.  My gut feeling is we will be back down to about 150-200 a day by this time next week when people stop playing the system 

Not quite sure you understand what exponential growth is and how it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/30/masks-best-covid-protection-ffp2-ffp3

Yesterday I attended blood clinic. Before entering I unwrapped and donned my ffp3 mask. I was then stopped by a door-guardian and told to remove the mask and replace it with a surgical mask. There is a world of difference when comparing these two masks when it comes to acting as a barrier and personal safety, as explained in the above link. It wasn't worth bothering explaining the logic. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

We will see.

I am convinced this current “spike” is just people wanting time off.

This time next week we will know who was right

I'm not convinced. Average time to develop symptoms with Omicron 3-5 days, right? Think how far back Xmas Eve and Xmas Day was..

Just because your lads are slackers...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not at all.

Let’s see what happens to figures next week.  If these cases are all legit they will continue to rise.  My gut feeling is we will be back down to about 150-200 a day by this time next week when people stop playing the system 

The figures aren't accurate. 

While there are people playing the system for a bit of time off, there are also people I know who have had a positive LFD but aren't reporting it as they don't want the hassle. They're not going out and are just telling people they're ill so can't see them (remember regular flu, coughs and colds?) 

The only numbers that actually matter are hospital admissions and deaths. If they're in check then the rest of this charade is insanity.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, quilp said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/30/masks-best-covid-protection-ffp2-ffp3

Yesterday I attended blood clinic. Before entering I unwrapped and donned my ffp3 mask. I was then stopped by a door-guardian and told to remove the mask and replace it with a surgical mask. There is a world of difference when comparing these two masks when it comes to acting as a barrier and personal safety, as explained in the above link. It wasn't worth bothering explaining the logic. 

So it wasn't you kicking off at the door staff yesterday? There was someone kicking off because they wanted to wear their own special little mask. 

michael-gove-gimp-mask.jpg

Edited by James Blonde
  • Haha 1

Just now, James Blonde said:

So it wasn't you kicking off at the door staff yesterday? There was someone kicking off over a very similar reason. 

No it wasn't me kicking-off, nor did I see or hear anyone doing so but I wouldn't be surprised. It's the sheer illogicity of this issue, enforcing people to wear a mask that is a less effective barrier than an ffp3. It is a small but significant factor in personal protection. I'm actually surprised that the unions haven't picked up on it as most of the staff are also wearing the less-efficient barrier. If the idea is to protect staff why don't Manx Care's infection-control go the whole hog and implement a more effective mask protocol?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just noticed that the dashboard says “from 23rd December positive test results from lateral flow tests which have been reported before midnight the previous day have been added”

So the “spike” reported yesterday was actually people not wanting to go into work on the first non bank holiday - which is exactly what I said would happen last week.

I guess a drop of at least 200 today

21 minutes ago, quilp said:

No it wasn't me kicking-off, nor did I see or hear anyone doing so but I wouldn't be surprised. It's the sheer illogicity of this issue, enforcing people to wear a mask that is a less effective barrier than an ffp3. It is a small but significant factor in personal protection. I'm actually surprised that the unions haven't picked up on it as most of the staff are also wearing the less-efficient barrier. If the idea is to protect staff why don't Manx Care's infection-control go the whole hog and implement a more effective mask protocol?

I understand what you’re saying but they want everyone to wear a new mask so they know it’s new/sterile otherwise we’d need a separate questionnaire to establish mask efficiency, how many times it’s been worn, for how many hours and then check the fitment because an ill fitting FFP3 won’t be any different to a medical grade mask, it’s easier just to have everyone wearing the same disposable mask.

Edited by Annoymouse
  • Like 3

From Manx Radio

1,825 active cases in total

In the last 24 hours, 576 new Covid-19 cases have been recorded on the Isle of Man.

I wonder would it help to break down the figure as to how many cases are Government employees.