IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Perhaps my point wasn’t clear, to remove the isolation rules and let businesses function properly, say in TT fortnight, more data relating to the people currently isolating at home now must be helpful?. Vaccination rates may be high and hospitalizations low but do we need the isolation rules?. If our data showed 90% are well enough to work and 10% need to be at home then we might perhaps start to get somewhere with lifting the rules.

1 minute ago, Manx Resident said:

Perhaps my point wasn’t clear, to remove the isolation rules and let businesses function properly, say in TT fortnight, more data relating to the people currently isolating at home now must be helpful?. Vaccination rates may be high and hospitalizations low but do we need the isolation rules?. If our data showed 90% are well enough to work and 10% need to be at home then we might perhaps start to get somewhere with lifting the rules.

Couldn’t agree more.  Surely it is simple enough to put a questionnaire online and ask people to fill it in? I can’t see any data protection issues and I dont imagine there are many who wouldn’t be interested in the results.

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

More UK data than SA for applicability to here. Omicron has been circulating in the UK for over a month officially, probably several months unofficially, no spike in hospitalisation rate.

As of two days ago the London covid hospitalisation rate has gone up 53%. The overall increase in the UK seems to be around 40%.

There are always going to be people who need to be hospitalised due to covid. Thanks to the vaccine, many don't become that ill. 

However when you have a large percentage of the population who are infected, you're going to see an increase in vulnerable people also being infected (many despite their best efforts) and ending up in hospital. You're also going to see an increase in the unvaxxed in hospital due to covid.

How some people don't see this is beyond me. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

As of two days ago the London covid hospitalisation rate has gone up 53%. The overall increase in the UK seems to be around 40%.

There are always going to be people who need to be hospitalised due to covid. Thanks to the vaccine, many don't become that ill. 

However when you have a large percentage of the population who are infected, you're going to see an increase in vulnerable people also being infected (many despite their best efforts) and ending up in hospital. You're also going to see an increase in the unvaxxed in hospital due to covid.

How some people don't see this is beyond me. 

You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it.

42 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

How exactly are we meat to 'prepare'? Is he going to prepare by putting HEPA filters in classrooms and  public buildings and instituting other simple mitigations? Or do we just stock up on toilet roll?

I'm not sure how having HEPA filters in schools is going to help with the transmission of infection. Not with everyone being so close together 

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it.

Which then puts further strain on the health service as these people who "had no idea they had it" will still have to be cared for away from other patients, many of whom will be vulnerable.

And besides, recent iomg data shows the recent covid patients in hospital were there because of, not "with", covid.

14 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Anyone else hearing from people who are testing positive from an LFT to the throat who were negative from a nostril?

Why would someone even try that? Is that some sort of social media hype type thing? Only a matter of time if that carries on that someone drops the swab down their throat and causes more issues than Covid would.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm not sure how having HEPA filters in schools is going to help with the transmission of infection. Not with everyone being so close together 

There is plenty of information out there which clearly explains how HEPA filters help in schools and hospitals. Not just for covid. 

I suppose a link would help but rarely does anyone follow them so little point. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Well if they had any common sense they would have done an LFT before attending hospital in accordance with requirements 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1