IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 minutes ago, quilp said:

Thus proving sensationalist Ramseyboi either invented the lie or had no qualms about perpetuating one. 

Or, has seen several post on Facebook this morning and also spoken to someone who had been testing due to symptoms for three days with no positive, until someone suggested she swab her throat.  Nasal still showing clear.

Get out and about and ask around.  There is plenty of evidence that throat swabs show omicron more reliably , like the link I already posted

Have another.  5 seconds on google

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/lateral-flow-test-swab-throat-22583071

Edited by Ramseyboi

52 minutes ago, snowman said:

As you write. You are not sure.

I said I wasn't sure because I was giving an opinion. Unlike some on here who give an opinion but state it like its a fact.

43 minutes ago, Zarley said:

It will help. Surely you've seen this graphic before?

Screenshot_20211231-134210.thumb.png.f550905cae5e4b8d5b40a3fc991d9008.png

It is my firm opinion that it would not help much is a school situation. If you sit beside someone who is infected how could the air be changed with sufficient rapidity to keep you safe from their exhalations. Same applies in corridors when kids and teachers are rammed together during lesson changes. It is my opinion that filtering the air would be of a benefit in an indoor situation where social distancing can be achieved as this would prevent persons getting infected by persons in other areas of the building.

Just my view. I might be wrong.

43 minutes ago, quilp said:

There is plenty of information out there which clearly explains how HEPA filters help in schools and hospitals. Not just for covid. 

I suppose a link would help but rarely does anyone follow them so little point. 

Here is a link to a trial being done. Perhaps we can watch with interest. I don't think its the same John Wright as our John Wright though unless he is doing a foreigner on the side.

It seems there is much excitement in the world of academia about the potential of these filtration devices. It will come down to what proportion of infections are spread face to face and what proportion is due to the 'aerosols that are hanging around.

Installing a system that can achieve a sufficient air change ratio will be key. But that primary school teacher with the snotty nose kid on her knee should not hold out too much hope....in my opinion of course:hug:

Edited by Happier diner

11 minutes ago, quilp said:

It was the one nostril and not the other that sunk that theory from the outset. You're apparently an intelligent boi, why didn't you see it? As to looking to farcebook for confirmation, well...

Pants on fire. 

That wasn’t me ?

I have posted two news articles from the last few days stating that throat swabs, even if the kit says nasal, pick up omicron when a nasal might not.

If you don’t want to believe a fact just because it was me who posted it then that is your lookout.

Seriously, google it and ask around (or just read the links already spoon fed to you)

Edited by Ramseyboi

15 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Here is a link to a trial being done. Perhaps we can watch with interest. I don't think its the same John Wright as our John Wright though unless he is doing a foreigner on the side.

I’m currently on a foreigner, but not that one.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it.

This is why it is difficult to treat any post of yours seriously as now, according to you, a 53% increase in Covid hospitalization rate in London is actually nothing to do with Covid just that they happened to go in for other reasons and then were also diagnosed as having Covid. As I understand it, the Covid Hospitalisation rate is the numbers in hospital who are being treated for Covid not who just happen to have Covid.

There is, I believe, a good news story in the figures in that whilst there is a jump in hospitalisation rates this is not reflected in the numbers in ICU and the vaccine does appear to do a decent job reducing the more serious affects that some were experiencing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

It is my firm opinion that it would not help much is a school situation. If you sit beside someone who is infected how could the air be changed with sufficient rapidity to keep you safe from their exhalations. Same applies in corridors when kids and teachers are rammed together during lesson changes. It is my opinion that filtering the air would be of a benefit in an indoor situation where social distancing can be achieved as this would prevent persons getting infected by persons in other areas of the building.

Just my view. I might be wrong.

It seems there is much excitement in the world of academia about the potential of these filtration devices. It will come down to what proportion of infections are spread face to face and what proportion is due to the 'aerosols that are hanging around.

Installing a system that can achieve a sufficient air change ratio will be key. But that primary school teacher with the snotty nose kid on her knee should not hold out too much hope....in my opinion of course:hug:

It probably wouldn't help much on its own but added to other mitigations, such as better ventilation, it's only going to help. The more layers of mitigation you have, the better the outcome. 

Primary school aged kids haven't been vaccinated so I would hope the DESC would be doing all they can otherwise to protect them. 

Thanks for the study link btw.

• Like 2

Just now, wrighty said:

Might be an interesting research project in that - take bacterial and fungal culture swabs from used masks, see what sort of horrors are breeding there. 

Here's an odd proposition.  Say you inhale some droplets with Covid but the mask stops you exhaling them but recirculating them deeper into your respiratory system?  Or is that a lay person dreaming up b*llocks? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

?  Or is that a lay person dreaming up b*llocks? 

I couldn't possibly comment

My New Years resolution is to always be kind on MF. But hang on, I've got 9 hours left. Yes sounds B(*&^%$£s to me.

The mask wouldn't stop you exhaling them would it. A bung would. A mask would hold the particles in its damp environs

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Another 500 cases today, must be all those fake results Ramsey bod was posting about 😂

There is a days lag on the results.  Let’s wait and see what happens.  Anyone who came in those numbers has just had yesterday and today off

Also, it is still a drop on yesterday which is a long way from in keeping with the exponential growth theory.

Edited by Ramseyboi