IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

45 minutes ago, wrighty said:

A positive LFT just now has disproved my ‘totally immune to it’ hypothesis. 

Happy New Year all.  Jools Holland for me tonight 😜

you lazy git , have you run out of holidays ?   😁   and will jools be playing in an empty room

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Don't have to answer obviously.

Precautionary LFT before heading out or any symptoms?

Very mild symptoms this morning, tested negative before heading in to Noble’s. Only stayed a few minutes to touch base with the team and went home. Got a bit worse during the day, tested positive (faint line) about 4pm. 

Feels like a normal cold to me.  I imagine I’ll be fine tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ir just vaguely interested as despite the comments on here I am yet to hear of anyone who has tested positive this month who had any more than a slight headcold.

I told you about 3 people earlier who did. Why would you believe wrighty more than that?

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Ir just vaguely interested as despite the comments on here I am yet to hear of anyone who has tested positive this month who had any more than a slight headcold.

I did reply to one of your recent posts that my brother in law was in hospital because of it. Did that not fit your narrative?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I told you about 3 people earlier who did. Why would you believe wrighty more than that?

Because it would be from the horses mouth

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Very mild symptoms this morning, tested negative before heading in to Noble’s. Only stayed a few minutes to touch base with the team and went home. Got a bit worse during the day, tested positive (faint line) about 4pm. 

Thank you.  Fingers crossed it gets no worse for you.

1 minute ago, The Old Git said:

You’re claiming you’ve never heard of anyone with more than a mild cold and then choose not to believe anything you hear to the opposite?

I mentioned that I had heard of people on here.  It's not that complicated.

And guess what.  Mr Wright appears to be (hopefully) in the huge majority who are barely ill or dont even notice.

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I mentioned that I had heard of people on here.  It's not that complicated.

And guess what.  Mr Wright appears to be (hopefully) in the huge majority who are barely ill or dont even notice.

If he is, so what? If he isn't, so what? (sorry wrighty, hope you're well soon 😂) Your obsession over anecdotal personal evidence is very strange. Omicron seems less serious. Whether that happens to fit the experience of a handful of posters on a very small forum for a very small island is, if you'll pardon the french, of no fucking consequence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

A friend was told to do that today by a medic friend. Feeling rough but LFT’s all negative. Medic suggested throat swab. (Off duty medic). 

I can see the sense in that, but with the little swabs in the LFTs I suspect there’d be a good chance of a false negative from not swabbing deep enough. Up the nose is difficult to get wrong. 

Personally I have no nose symptoms and only the mildest scratchy throat, but my swabs, done as per instructions (no single nostril experimentation etc) were positive anyway. 

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Good luck and shame about the timing for NYE. That seems to be fairly standard for most people I know who have tested positive in the last month or so. Both my children worked through their positive diagnoses WFH in the run up to Xmas. The real thing that worries me is if a disease is so deadly why do so many employers expect you to continue WFH rather than give you a week off sick? If you had a bad case of flu two years ago you’d be treated as actually sick and not have to man your laptop for 7 hours a day for the duration of your sickness. 

Varies business to business in my experience. The last couple of times I've been fairly unwell I've continued to WFH, largely because taking time off just means more work when I get back anyway. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Same here, except I haven't been wondering if I am naturally immune (my son had it in July and I did not succumb) just that I am not very popular!

Bit of a PITA, as I am now confined to my bedroom to allow him the run of the house while back from Uni.  Mild symptoms led to the test, but they have lessened over the course of the day.