IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

It’s more the point that working through illness has now become accepted practice in most white collar businesses. Presumably because most people affected are still capable of working as the symptoms have been relatively mild. Which is slightly at odds with the death messaging of Chris Whitty et all. It used to be when you’re sick, you’re sick and off work. But that seems to have shifted now. 

I've worked in businesses where being sick means come in and give it to everyone else so that there's 4 people off sick instead of 1. Seems to be a cultural thing from my experience, though obviously that's only a handful of firms.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not that anyone will care but having jut got home and tried a throat swab it says positive.  Nose still saying negative.  Same for the Mrs.

Happy new year.

Both feel fine but both had symptoms and negative tests last week.

No doubt you will be going out and infecting loads as you state no need to stay in if no symptoms 😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

No doubt you will be going out and infecting loads as you state no need to stay in if no symptoms 😂

I have said throughout that if well enough I would take sensible precautions.  

So going out tonight is off.

The two of us driving with the dog to a remote beach for a New Year walk is at this stage still on.

I have been at work and in shoprite after coming home on the Bus so hardly think a beach tomorrow is an issue

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

The two of us driving with the dog to a remote beach for a New Year walk is at this stage still on.

I have been at work and in shoprite after coming home on the Bus so hardly think a beach tomorrow is an issue

So you’re just breaking the law to suit your own selfish wants?

I doubt anyone believes that you’ve actually tested positive & likely more fake news 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Have you not had the direction email?  You are confined to barracks just like anyone else.  I have two dogs who need walking, but will get someone else to do it. 

You may disagree with the rules, but they are not discretionary, so don't be a dick. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Have you not had the direction email?  You are confined to barracks just like anyone else.  I have two dogs who need walking, but will get someone else to do it. 

You may disagree with the rules, but they are not discretionary, so don't be a dick. 

I doubt he's reported it. Won't want to chance adding to the numbers that he's adamant will be on the decline. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Not that anyone will care but having jut got home and tried a throat swab it says positive.  Nose still saying negative.  Same for the Mrs.

Happy new year.

Both feel fine but both had symptoms and negative tests last week.

36 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

IF this true then you really need to take a long hard look at yourself. You don't get to pick which rules you want to follow and which rules you don't in a society. 

If you are just trolling then that's just pathetic.

• Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You're out dogging

• Haha 1

There is actually a serious point here about the guidance being given.

I have been testing everyday for three weeks following the LFT instructions. All negative.

Today I did one throat swab - positive.

I have since done another nose swab - negative.

If I do another nose swab and it is negative tomorrow then I am classed as all clear.

Believe what you want but I only swabbed my throat after hearing about others getting a different result and googling what guidance other places are giving.

Maybe our lot need to be be advising people to test differently since it appears omicron can evade nasal tests?