IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Zarley said:

I knew you'd have a get-out clause at the ready. You're so predictable. W 

It’s not a get out clause.  If I had I would have still done the same.

I have been testing everyday and taking loads of precautions.  Far more than most other people. 

There is zero risk to others from me going for a walk this morning.  People delivering takeaways to people isolating are putting themselves at higher (but negligible) risk.

How can you possibly say what I did this morning wasn’t sensible when I could book a taxi now to take me for a PCR.  I will not put anyone at risk, but neither will I sit on my arse for no good reason.

12 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I am yet to produce a positive test as per the instructions on the LFT.

Thinking back, I only swabbed my left nostril 4 times and not 5.  Therefore my positive test is invalid.  I’ll be in the pub later if anyone wants to join me for a new year beer 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Thinking back, I only swabbed my left nostril 4 times and not 5.  Therefore my positive test is invalid.  I’ll be in the pub later if anyone wants to join me for a new year beer 🙄

I haven’t produced a positive from my nose at all.  Only throat.

I have very clearly said I won’t be going anywhere around other people

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

Enough with the gaslighting bullshit already. There’s not one person who can’t remember you saying exactly that numerous times over hundreds of pages. 

And no, I won’t show proof. You’ve had all the energy I’m allowing myself to expend on you for today. Thanks for your understanding. 

I haven’t ever said it.  You are wrong

32 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

There is zero risk to others from me going for a walk this morning.  People delivering takeaways to people isolating are putting themselves at higher (but negligible) risk.

You could have had an accident, broken down. You may argue that the risk was minimal, I may not disagree, but the risk was not zero.

Quite simply it is extremely arrogant to believe that the rules don't apply to you because you can decide that the risk from what you are doing is "zero". You are not a member of the Conservative Government are you?

It is it OK for Wrighty to go to the pub if he assess the risk to zero says because, as he said, he only swabbed his left nostril fours times so is not really positive?

Should it be fine for me to go to  work or shopping or the pub as provided if judge that being cautious, don't go near others, and wear a top of the range mask there is zero risk to others?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, HeliX said:

Hospitalisation has gone up 53%, or the rate has? To clarify I mean hospitalisations per x number of infected. 

No, it wasn't meant to be mean "hospitalisations per x number of infected".  Only meant to show increase from one time period to another. I couldn't quickly find the article where I'd read the 53% to give details and decided to leave it until today. Apologies if you thought I ignored you yesterday.

According to yesterday's data for England, there's been a 73% increase in covid patients since Xmas day. (Shuan Lintern is the health editor at the Sunday Times.)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I haven’t produced a positive from my nose at all.  Only throat.

I have very clearly said I won’t be going anywhere around other people

Unlike many on here I think the message in your posts is generally reasonable, although it does tend to get lost in repetition. But the rules are quite clear. You need two negative tests, 24 hours apart, before you’re allowed out (except calling an ambulance, going for a PCR etc).

And the spirit of the rules includes a degree of trust. I’m already feeling better less than 24 hours after my positive test. I’m sure I could get a negative one right now if I did a half-assed swabbing, same again tomorrow, and in the pub lunchtime. But I won’t do that because of integrity. Something you show very little of with your ‘rules don’t apply to me, I’ll just be careful’ attitude. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, wrighty said:

are you buying ?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

It is it OK for Wrighty to go to the pub if he assess the risk to zero says because, as he said, he only swabbed his left nostril fours times so is not really positive?

Should it be fine for me to go to  work or shopping or the pub as provided if judge that being cautious, don't go near others, and wear a top of the range mask there is zero risk to others?

No, but let’s be honest the risk is no different to if I or wrighty had gone to the pub yesterday without testing - which loads of people will have done.

I tested (voluntarily) and despite the result of the test as instructed being negative I took it upon myself to do a further throat swab as I had heard these can be more accurate.  That was positive and I changed my plans accordingly.

Like it or not.  That makes me more responsible than the majority of others who went out last night either without any test or just with a nasal swab.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Where?  You are making stuff up

21 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it.

Presumably your computer or account was hacked!