IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

No, but let’s be honest the risk is no different to if I or wrighty had gone to the pub yesterday without testing - which loads of people will have done.

I tested (voluntarily) and despite the result of the test as instructed being negative I took it upon myself to do a further throat swab as I had heard these can be more accurate.  That was positive and I changed my plans accordingly.

Like it or not.  That makes me more responsible than the majority of others who went out last night either without any test or just with a nasal swab.

Officer it was fine for me to drink drive home last night as I was only slightly over the limit, I was being really careful, driving dead slow and it was not far, There are a lot of people driving more irresponsibly so what I did was obviously fine.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have been testing everyday and taking loads of precautions. Far more than most other people.

How could you possibly know this?

There is zero risk to others from me going for a walk this morning.

Probably not but what about the rules?

How can you possibly say what I did this morning wasn’t sensible..?

Sensible or not, aren't you still obliged to isolate? 

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Read it again, then read what you said I said.

Two different things.

On 31 December HeliX posted that Omicron had been circulating in the UK with no increase in hospitiisation rates.

Your response was "And iom.  It’s everywhere.  No spike in hospitalisation"

Zarely responded by pointing out the 53% increase in hospitalisation rates in London due to Covid.

At which point you responded "You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it."

Now that appears to be pretty clear that you were inferring that the 53% increase in numbers in hospital with Covid were not because patients were admitted to hospital for treatment because they had Covid, but that were omitted for other reasons and happened to test positive. Many other posters appear to have read your post to mean the same thing.

You know appear to be trying to back track by suggesting that you did not mean what you appeared to post and many understood you post to mean. The post was also entirely in character with your other posts that appear to suggest that Covid 19 is now basically now just a cold and causing no issues. 

6 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

You’re being baited. 

Probably but I am not really bothered. Whilst he is posting on here hopefully he is doing it from home so not going out and about infecting people because he did a test on the fungal growth between his toes and that proved that he was not only  -ve for Covid but one of the few people who really should be listened to about Covid as he was invariably right and when it appeared he was not it was only because we were not clever enough to really understand what he had really meant and if we were we would see he was right yet again!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Zarely responded by pointing out the 53% increase in hospitalisation rates in London due to Covid.

At which point you responded "You will also, obviously, see an increase in people going in for non COVID reasons who just happen to produce a positive test and otherwise would have had no idea they had it."

Now that appears to be pretty clear that you were inferring that the 53% increase in numbers in hospital with Covid were not because patients were admitted to hospital for treatment because they had Covid, but that were omitted for other reasons and happened to test positive. Many other posters appear to have read your post to mean the same thing.

Lol

I never said they were all people in for other reason, but pointed out that obviously as COVID in the general population increases there will undoubtedly be more cases where people go in for other reasons and that that will contribute to the numbers.

You sis do had said they were all people in for other reasons, which is just a lie.

Got to take my son to his mates house.

43 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Officer it was fine for me to drink drive home last night as I was only slightly over the limit, I was being really careful, driving dead slow and it was not far, There are a lot of people driving more irresponsibly so what I did was obviously fine.

Out of interest, how often are you doing LFTs?  I assume a minimum of every day you intend to leave the house so you can be absolutely sure you are all clear?

21 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Out of interest, how often are you doing LFTs?  I assume a minimum of every day you intend to leave the house so you can be absolutely sure you are all clear?

Every time before I leave the house I do an LFT on my left nostril, then another on my right and a final one on my throat. I then repeat just in case the result was a false negative the first time around. If one of the results is +ve I will then ignore the rules and decide what I think it is fine for me to carry on doing.

I think I have that right.

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

Every time before I leave the house I do an LFT on my left nostril, then another on my right and a final one on my throat. I then repeat just in case the result was a false negative the first time around. If one of the results is +ve I will then ignore the rules and decide what I think it is fine for me to carry on doing.

There is a story circulating that Omicron actually migrates to the eustachian tubes and that is where it reproduces, thus causing the positives on the throat.  However, because the throat swabs can be affected by anything you swallow, including saliva, it is safest to swab your ears for an accurate test result. 

Who expected that?

I may have made that up. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

That’s a no then. You rarely test, if at all, so are a bigger risk to others than someone who does and modifies their behaviour accordingly.

Who would have thought it 😂

5 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Damn! I missed the last bit and have just poked a swab 2.5 cm in to my ear and now there’s a strange hissing buzzing sound. 

at least it was negative 

Better not post the other story about it entering your digestive system, then. 

37 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

You mean you don't do your anal passage as well just to be sure.