IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

It’s a valid point.  The only positive test was one that nearly everyone on here yesterday confirmed they aren’t doing.

so, if I am positive and that is how it showed - as other people I had heard of -  then not one of those people posting yesterday or today is actually sure they don’t have it.

I don’t see what is complicated.  If I followed the government guidance there is no reason at all for me to stay away from people, but I am anyway, and not a single person who is out and about today who hasn’t returned negative nasal and throat swabs or a negative PCR this morning is in any position to preach to me.

You tested positive you are positive follow the fucking guidelines

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I tested negative last night, and again this morning.

As you probably already know you need to test negative twice leaving a 24 hour interval between both tests after having a positive test to meet the official criteria to be released. This sort of circular trolling of yourself seems quite dark. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Paulos The Great said:

As you probably already know you need to test negative twice leaving a 24 hour interval between both tests after having a positive test to meet the official criteria to be released. This sort of circular trolling of yourself seems quite dark. 

Blimey

I am not mixing with anyone.

I have taken more precautions than most on here.

The point I was making is that simply doing a LFT as directed in the instructions (as most people are) may well be missing lots of Omicron cases. There is growing evidence to support that and I was highlighting it hopefully for the benefit of others but instead am being harassed by a group of hard of thinking people for doing NOTHING wrong.

Had I not done the experimental voluntary test as a point of interest and posted the result on here for what I hoped would be the benefit of others I wouldn’t be getting all this grief.

NOT ONE positive test when done as instructed.

So if I hadn’t done a test at all when I felt fine I would be in the pub now and no one would bat an eyelid.

Because I tried a test that might be more accurate, and then have voluntarily stayed away from others despite EVERY nasal swab (which is all any of you will be doing) being negative you have all gone a bit dim and batshit.

Enjoy your mingling today while I sit at home knowing I have done the right thing when most of you probably haven’t tested at all and some of you would likely get the same result I did if you swabbed your throat.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Blimey

I am not mixing with anyone.

I have taken more precautions than most on here.

The point I was making is that simply doing a LFT as directed in the instructions (as most people are) may well be missing lots of Omicron cases. There is growing evidence to support that and I was highlighting it hopefully for the benefit of others but instead am being harassed by a group of hard of thinking people for doing NOTHING wrong.

Had I not done the experimental voluntary test as a point of interest and posted the result on here for what I hoped would be the benefit of others I wouldn’t be getting all this grief.

NOT ONE positive test when done as instructed.

So if I hadn’t done a test at all when I felt fine I would be in the pub now and no one would bat an eyelid.

Because I tried a test that might be more accurate, and then have voluntarily stayed away from others despite EVERY nasal swab (which is all any of you will be doing) being negative you have all gone a bit dim and batshit.

Enjoy your mingling today while I sit at home knowing I have done the right thing when most of you probably haven’t tested at all and some of you would likely get the same result I did if you swabbed your throat.

So you haven't informed 111 of your positive?  Read the guidelines, it doesn't say to report if you test positive when using the LFT as per the instructions, just that you have a positive result. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

Except when you said you were on the beach watching the swimming a few hours  ago of course. This is simply nothing but circular trolling really you might as well admit it. 

FE8C2A8C-419A-4E45-B65F-97D472577BA9.jpeg

Nowhere near anyone, and outdoors, in a strong wind ffs.

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So you haven't informed 111 of your positive?  Read the guidelines, it doesn't say to report if you test positive when using the LFT as per the instructions, just that you have a positive result. 

And you (I think it was you) said the throat swab possibly wasn’t accurate due to contamination and could give a false positive and that nasal swabs were sufficient.

All negative 

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

- the fact that I voluntarily test every day and am continuing to produce negative results but am voluntarily staying away from other people (other than my own household, who also test everyday unless they aren’t leaving the house) that makes me more responsible than most others.

I think that most of us get the message that you believe you are better than the rest of us.  Oh great one, where do we who are not worthy go to prostrate ourselves before you and beg your forgiveness.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lost Login said:

I think that most of us get the message that you believe you are better than the rest of us.  Oh great one, where do we who are not worthy go to prostrate ourselves before you and beg your forgiveness.  

Dickhead

I thought a group of intelligent people could maybe have a discussion about emerging evidence that the current testing isn’t sufficient for the new variant.  Chances are the guidance will change in the coming weeks and I stupidly thought a couple of people might be able to debate the possibility that as an island our current strategy doesn’t make any sense.

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

I assume the same applies to Banker?

I was responding to his obvious complete misunderstanding and calling me an idiot.

From some of your posting I am not sure that Banker calling you an idiot could be described as a misunderstanding. Some might consider it an accurate assessment.

• Like 1