IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Lost Login said:

From some of your posting I am not sure that Banker calling you an idiot could be described as a misunderstanding. Some might consider it an accurate assessment.

And yet, having had the idiotic nature of his post pointed out, neither he or anyone else has tried to counter it with an actual intelligent and reasoned response 😂

6 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Nowhere near anyone, and outdoors, in a strong wind ffs.

But going by your own fake account of your own fake story above you should be in isolation and after a positive test only not isolating when two negative tests taken 24 hours apart have occurred. No doubt Banker will be along soon to tell you that as well soon so you can keep it all going for another few pages. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And you (I think it was you) said the throat swab possibly wasn’t accurate due to contamination and could give a false positive and that nasal swabs were sufficient.

All negative 

Not me I don't think, as I have no knowledge in this.  However, you have had a test which has had a reaction the same as if it has reacted to covid, yet will not do as you are required to do.  It is not enough to do what you think is sufficient. 

Top tip: don't experiment with stuff you don't understand unless you are willing to deal with the consequences.  If you want to do a scientific experiment, get some proper protocols in place, and scientific guidance, or leave well enough alone. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Dickhead

I thought a group of intelligent people could maybe have a discussion about emerging evidence that the current testing isn’t sufficient for the new variant.  Chances are the guidance will change in the coming weeks and I stupidly thought a couple of people might be able to debate the possibility that as an island our current strategy doesn’t make any sense.

There is a reasonable debate to be had and at times on here it has been debated where the IoM is going and whether the current strategy is correct or changes me made. But when your position that nobody gets ill from Covid now, it does not increase hospitalisations etc you and similar bunkum then don't be surprised if posters think your credibility is shot and you are purely trolling.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

But when your position that nobody gets ill from Covid now, it does not increase hospitalisations etc you and similar bunkum then don't be surprised if posters think your credibility is shot and you are purely trolling.

Fact or not? The increase in cases in recent weeks on island hasn’t result in an increase in hospital admissions.

How is that bunkum.  It is there as clear as day in the figures that are published every single day.

9 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

And yet, having had the idiotic nature of his post pointed out, neither he or anyone else has tried to counter it with an actual intelligent and reasoned response 😂

Ermmmmm - Maybe nobody countering his post shows a 100% Forum agreement that he is correct in his assumption

You tested positive and are positive follow the fucking guidelines 

Superb that you call it an “experimental test” 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Dickhead

I thought a group of intelligent people could maybe have a discussion about emerging evidence that the current testing isn’t sufficient for the new variant.  Chances are the guidance will change in the coming weeks and I stupidly thought a couple of people might be able to debate the possibility that as an island our current strategy doesn’t make any sense.

Let me get this straight. 

1. You believe we should be throat testing because nasal swabs may not pick up all positives. 

2. To test your theory, you throat swabbed and the result was positive. 

3. You decided to ignore the positive, not report it and do what you like. After all, the instructions say nasal swabbing 🤷‍♀️ So it's not a *real* positive, right?

4. You then felt that your experience was a great shout for a grown up debate, as it shows we should be throat swabbing. Despite ignoring your own results when testing this way. 

You really couldn't make this shit up. Except you are.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Scotland has "The Proclaimers"...

IOM has... "The Complainers"...

(Sung to the tune of "500 Miles"):

🎶"Wan I wake up, well, I know am gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who logs on 'fore all o' yooou..

As I've cracked up, yeah, I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who bleats more 'an all o' yooou..

If I type drunk, well, I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who types drunk in my undies tooo,

And if I 'ave "it", yeah, I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who's givin' "it" t' yooou...

But I will swab five hundred times

and I will swab five hundred more,

Just to be the man to expose the thousand sheep

Who hide be-hind their doors..."🎶

(etc., etc...)

* The above is for amusement purposes only and not to be construed as a policy preference.

-The Office of Her Occassional Excellence, the Right Hobbitable, Nicola Sturgeon.

Edited by opusManx
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Ermmmmm - Maybe nobody countering his post shows a 100% Forum agreement that he is correct in his assumption

You tested positive and are positive follow the fucking guidelines 

Superb that you call it an “experimental test” 

You misunderstand - again

nobody Countered my post pointing out his was idiotic.

And you keep saying follow the guidelines.  If I did I would be in the pub today because I wouldn’t have had even a hint of a positive despite going above and beyond what the guidelisnes say by testing daily.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Raffles said:

Let me get this straight. 

1. You believe we should be throat testing because nasal swabs may not pick up all positives. 

2. To test your theory, you throat swabbed and the result was positive. 

3. You decided to ignore the positive, not report it and do what you like. After all, the instructions say nasal swabbing 🤷‍♀️ So it's not a *real* positive, right?

4. You then felt that your experience was a great shout for a grown up debate, as it shows we should be throat swabbing. Despite ignoring your own results when testing this way. 

You really couldn't make this shit up. Except you are.

I have a ways said for a number of weeks that even with a positive test unless I felt unwell I wouldn’t report it as I don’t think those restrictions are proportionate and in some cases have negative impacts on people’s mental health.  I have never made a secret of the fact I would take responsible and proportionate precautions which I am doing.

There are thousands either not testing at all or completely ignoring the result,  they should be the focus of your anger.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Fact or not? The increase in cases in recent weeks on island hasn’t result in an increase in hospital admissions.

How is that bunkum.  It is there as clear as day in the figures that are published every single day.

I will waste a final 20 seconds on the trolling:

Because hospitalisations in other jurisdictions have increased, but you choose to ignore, presumably because how Covid is spread and people react to it is likely to be hugely different in the IoM than say the UK.

It is well known, but apparently not by you, that an increase in hospitalisations generally lags by several weeks an increases in cases.

The experts in the UK and those who are expected to treat the patients in the UK expert there will be an increase in numbers and are making various contingencies. But obviously you know better.

Now hopefully cases will not be as high or as serious as feared, but if they are, sitting on your back side and doing nothing now to plan to cope or plan to reduce the spread will mean that by the time the situation arises it will be too late to stop the spread and the large numbers in hospital etc. If the symptoms and numbers are not as bad as feared then you get a few moaning on social media which in my view is better than hospitals struggling to cope.

Now you are convinced it is all scare mongering, it barely makes anybody ill and that you know better than the majority of experts.

With regard to most things in life you don't wait until something has happened before reacting, you prepare and react first.

Try this. I look as if I am going to smack you in the face. I have been known to smack others in the face in similar situations. Do you simply wait to be punched and then think after being hit about taking evasive or preventative action, which is what your position effectively is, or, as I would suggest is a better option, try to take action at an early point so you don't get smacked in the face. 

If you are not sure I am sure that various posters might be willing to set up a live experiment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I have a ways said for a number of weeks that even with a positive test unless I felt unwell I wouldn’t report it as I don’t think those restrictions are proportionate and in some cases have negative impacts on people’s mental health.  I have never made a secret of the fact I would take responsible and proportionate precautions which I am doing.

There are thousands either not testing at all or completely ignoring the result,  they should be the focus of your anger.

Yes, we can all feel the regs are wrong, disproportionate, stupid.  However, they are the regs.  If you did not want to deal with the consequences of a positive, why on earth did you go seeking it out? If you have had negative tests, why do something which you have been told may be more likely to give a positive?  

Now, having had a positive by means which you, in your vast medical wisdom, applied unconventionally and now are also applying your vast medical knowledge to determine that you are going to handle it in one way, whereas you are required to act in another way.  

Not only are you not reporting so are not subject to a direction notice, you are out and about, in a way that you think, in your ultimate medical wisdom, carries no risk. 

You are not worth debating with. You have not behaved either intelligently or responsibly. Happy to have a debate about theories, but when someone decides to put the theory into practice, despite the advice, regulation, potential impact on others, then their argument is worthless. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

You misunderstand - again

nobody Countered my post pointing out his was idiotic.

And you keep saying follow the guidelines.  If I did I would be in the pub today because I wouldn’t have had even a hint of a positive despite going above and beyond what the guidelisnes say by testing daily.

Yet again it is somebody else's fault. Maybe it people are continually not understanding the message it might just be the messenger that is at fault

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ramseyboi said:

Well that would be a possibility if you didn't decide (as usual) to make everything all about yourself and based entirely on your experience, rather than looking about more generally and looking at regulations, procedures and data here and elsewhere.

If you have a positive test from whichever part of your body that's taken as being positive.  There is a valid argument that swabbing the throat as well/instead of the nostrils might be more necessary (indeed I mentioned it yesterday) but you can't claim that you're negative just because your reading of the rules means it doesn't.  The virus in your body isn't going to vanish because of quibbling.

• Like 5