IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

41 minutes ago, Lost Login said:

I will waste a final 20 seconds on the trolling:

Because hospitalisations in other jurisdictions have increased, but you choose to ignore, presumably because how Covid is spread and people react to it is likely to be hugely different in the IoM than say the UK.

It is well known, but apparently not by you, that an increase in hospitalisations generally lags by several weeks an increases in cases.

The experts in the UK and those who are expected to treat the patients in the UK expert there will be an increase in numbers and are making various contingencies. But obviously you know better.

Now hopefully cases will not be as high or as serious as feared, but if they are, sitting on your back side and doing nothing now to plan to cope or plan to reduce the spread will mean that by the time the situation arises it will be too late to stop the spread and the large numbers in hospital etc. If the symptoms and numbers are not as bad as feared then you get a few moaning on social media which in my view is better than hospitals struggling to cope.

Now you are convinced it is all scare mongering, it barely makes anybody ill and that you know better than the majority of experts.

With regard to most things in life you don't wait until something has happened before reacting, you prepare and react first.

Try this. I look as if I am going to smack you in the face. I have been known to smack others in the face in similar situations. Do you simply wait to be punched and then think after being hit about taking evasive or preventative action, which is what your position effectively is, or, as I would suggest is a better option, try to take action at an early point so you don't get smacked in the face. 

If you are not sure I am sure that various posters might be willing to set up a live experiment.  

Charming - the forums stoops to suggestions of physical violence towards people for having an opinion now does it?

We have done the precautionary things.  We did lockdowns and then a vaccine rollout.

You say we should looking at other countries and cite the UK.

How about South Africa who have a much lower vaccination figure and yet never saw the Armageddon we are apparently bracing for?  Why not look at them and take positives from it rather then panic that our outcome might be significantly worse?

Numbers are dropping from their peak and people aren’t getting ill in any higher numbers.  In fact numerous posters and other sources has suggested that all 7 in nobles are unvaccinated - none are in ICU.

Why are certain people obsessed with planning for the worst possible and extremely unlikely outcome?

Is there a country anywhere in the world where Omicron has become the dominant strain and deaths and illness have risen significantly as it infects far more people?  If there is I would be interested in a link.  If not what makes us, one of the most vaccinated nations on the planet, think our outcome will buck the trend?

Edited by Ramseyboi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think the balance has been tipped now PR wise in the UK and they’ll start doing exactly what Cannan has done here - talking about people taking personal responsibility for their own health rather than responding to the demands of the lockdown nuts

Exactly, so the next thing they need to ditch is enforced total isolation.  Do that and your figures will be more accurate.

Encourage people to test and encourage them to use COMMON SENSE if they are positive but still fit and healthy.  Force people to stay home and lose income and you discourage those who may be showing no symptoms from testing.

There is less risk from someone knowing they have a positive result and managing that in their own way (sensible outdoor walks, avoid pubs/shops etc, notify close contacts to be vigilant, still work where possible - but with sensible precautions like masks, distancing) than from someone who hasn't tested and is living their life as normal.

Do that for the rest of winter and then ditch the testing altogether and only deal with anyone who is actually ill

5 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Exactly, so the next thing they need to ditch is enforced total isolation.  Do that and your figures will be more accurate.

Encourage people to test and encourage them to use COMMON SENSE if they are positive but still fit and healthy.  Force people to stay home and lose income and you discourage those who may be showing no symptoms from testing.

There is less risk from someone knowing they have a positive result and managing that in their own way (sensible outdoor walks, avoid pubs/shops etc, notify close contacts to be vigilant, still work where possible - but with sensible precautions like masks, distancing) than from someone who hasn't tested and is living their life as normal.

Do that for the rest of winter and then ditch the testing altogether and only deal with anyone who is actually ill

That makes sense, when we are sure of the impact of Omicron on hospitalisations and healthcare staffing. 

Until then, follow the f*cking rules. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That makes sense, when we are sure of the impact of Omicron on hospitalisations and healthcare staffing. 

Until then, follow the f*cking rules. 

I haven't broken any f*cking rules FFS. If anything I am being far more cautious than I need to be.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Seriously, why bother?

Because there were comments previously about bad language.  I am not averse to it myself, but others seem not to like it, so am being sensitive.

Does that explain it, dick?

Edited by Gladys

Just now, Gladys said:

Well you have, you have failed to notify a positive LFT to 111. 

I havent had a positive taken using the instructions on the box.  I have had numerous negatives.

I tried a throat swab having read some stuff that pretty much everyone here told me was stupid and ridiculous and that came back positive.  Possibly because there is truth in the rumour, or possibly it was a false positive or contaminated in some way.

I am significantly less risk sat here tonight than anyone out and about who hasn't tested in the last 12 hours.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I havent had a positive taken using the instructions on the box.  I have had numerous negatives.

I tried a throat swab having read some stuff that pretty much everyone here told me was stupid and ridiculous and that came back positive.  Possibly because there is truth in the rumour, or possibly it was a false positive or contaminated in some way.

I am significantly less risk sat here tonight than anyone out and about who hasn't tested in the last 12 hours.

I don't think following the instructions is mentioned, you just need a positive result.   Perhaps someone twizzled the swab 4 times in each nostril, or swooshed it in the fluid for 35 seconds, not 30, but a positive is a positive.  You are supposed to notify 111. 

Tell you what, send 111 an email and see what their guidance is. 

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

I haven't broken any f*cking rules FFS. If anything I am being far more cautious than I need to be.

FFS how many posts is that in last 24 hours? Must be pushing 100!!

Heres some real news stating the next few days are critical in UK with hospitalizations increasing although you seem to deny this is happening 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59848634

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Because there were comment previously about bad language.  I am not averse to it myself, but others seem not to like it, so am bring sensitive.

Does that explain it, dick?

No it doesn't, fanny. It's still obvious bad language. You've just replaced one letter with a silly asterisk. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

I don't think following the instructions is mentioned, you just need a positive result.   Perhaps someone twizzled the swab 4 times in each nostril, or swooshed it in the fluid for 35 seconds, not 30, but a positive is a positive.  You are supposed to notify 111. 

Tell you what, send 111 an email and see what their guidance is. 

Doesn't matter.  Negative test 18:30 last night, another at 08:30 this morning, and another at 18:45 today means I am good to go.  According to the "guidance" and "the rules"

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

Doesn't matter.  Negative test 18:30 last night, another at 08:30 this morning, and another at 18:45 today means I am good to go.  According to the "guidance" and "the rules"

Only if you get an email from 111 saying you are good to go after 2 negatives.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think what we’ve seen is the end to most of this now over Xmas. Even Witty has been given a Knighthood for services to destroying the economy in the New Years honours list along with a few of the other death prophets and we’ll be hearing little (or nothing) more from him from now on in. Just like Ashy and his MBE for services to panic. What’s just happened in the UK is exactly what happened here around March 2020 where the doom proclaimers started to lose the PR war and common sense started to be wrestled back. Boris is even now making Drakeford and Sturgeon look like complete idiots who shut down their economy unnecessarily.

I think the balance has been tipped now PR wise in the UK and they’ll start doing exactly what Cannan has done here - talking about people taking personal responsibility for their own health rather than responding to the demands of the lockdown nuts.

I don’t think anyone can compare someone who has dedicated his working life to health services, worked in a Covid ward on top of normal duties & been abused by anti vaxxers in public to Ashford, well maybe a complete idiot would 😂