IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Hate to be this person but I completely see where Ramseyboi is coming from, he might represent a minority of the general public’s views but if everyone on a forum was singing from the hymn sheet it would be absolutely boring, we need different views in order to have any sort of debate, isn’t that the very purpose of a forum? 

I don’t agree with the last few hours which is the equivalent of a dirty protest, it’s clear he’s not going to stop kicking the cell door until he gets exhausted because he wants his views heard, but equally I don’t think it was right to threaten him with a ban in the first place.

If you think he’s the only person that’s tested positive over the last 48hrs and has chosen to ignore his result (however it was obtained) you’ll be bitterly disappointed to learn not everyone does what they’re told in life and it’s always been that way, wrongly or rightly.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

My first time on here was a little unde a year ago.  I don’t know who you think I am from years ago but you keep making vague references to stuff I know nothing about.  You are very very wrong.

Actually you joined on 14 July, so it's a little under six months, not a year.  During that time you've made nearly 2000 comments:

image.png.17bf276a92eb190ea07bb8a6cbf8458b.png

though it doesn't seem to have given you quite the approval that such productivity would normally be associated with.

As for who you 'really' are and if that is the same as some other current or former poster it doesn't really matter.  There are a limited number of ways of making a fool of yourself on the internet and it seems an very large number of needy people who want to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

If you think he’s the only person that’s tested positive over the last 48hrs and has chosen to ignore his result (however it was obtained) you’ll be bitterly disappointed to learn not everyone does what they’re told in life and it’s always been that way, wrongly or rightly.

I don't think anyone is suggesting or suspecting that. But the rest of the offenders aren't posting about it on here claiming they're not breaking the covid regs because of an irrelevant technicality.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting or suspecting that. But the rest of the offenders aren't posting about it on here claiming they're not breaking the covid regs because of an irrelevant technicality.

You are completely missing the point, and really quite dim.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually you joined on 14 July, so it's a little under six months, not a year.  During that time you've made nearly 2000 comments:

image.png.17bf276a92eb190ea07bb8a6cbf8458b.png

though it doesn't seem to have given you quite the approval that such productivity would normally be associated with.

As for who you 'really' are and if that is the same as some other current or former poster it doesn't really matter.  There are a limited number of ways of making a fool of yourself on the internet and it seems an very large number of needy people who want to do so.

Omg.  Read it again🙄

7 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Wrongly or rightly he has a different view which the majority don’t like, but why do posters feel the need to gang up on someone with views that are in the minority? I don’t like that sort of behaviour.

So if he kept it to himself you’d be fine with that, the issue for you is he shared that? I would be interested to know whether 111 would accept his positive result, he’s not followed the test procedure correctly and I think that would make the result invalid. What he’s done is an in house science experiment, there is plenty of reports to suggest certain things can trigger a false positive, that is why they’ve been approved only for the nasal cavity.

If I ever return a positive LFT the first thing I’ll be doing is an immediate second test to ensure the first was correct.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Thick as seven short planks

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

Wrongly or rightly he has a different view which the majority don’t like, but why do posters feel the need to gang up on someone with views that are in the minority? I don’t like that sort of behaviour.

So if he kept it to himself you’d be fine with that, the issue for you is he shared that? I would be interested to know whether 111 would accept his positive result, he’s not followed the test procedure correctly and I think that would make the result invalid. What he’s done is an in house science experiment, there is plenty of reports to suggest certain things can trigger a false positive, that is why they’ve been approved only for the nasal cavity.

If I ever return a positive LFT the first thing I’ll be doing is an immediate second test to ensure the first was correct.

Should there be a limit on the number of posters who are allowed to tell a single person they disagree with their actions and opinions? It's a discussion forum - if people post something, there is likely to be a discussion about it.

If he kept it to himself I wouldn't know about it, which isn't the same as being fine with it. But obviously it would've stopped me telling him that I disagree that his test is irrelevant. But he seems to like the attention so I'm not too worried about causing upset.

I think a lot of people would probably do (and have done) second LFTs upon receipt of a positive. False positives are overwhelmingly rare, though.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

The daftest part is that I do respect his views. And have agreed with him several times in the last few days in this thread. And I don't disagree with the point he was originally trying to make, that there will be plenty of people walking about with negative nasal LFTs who may be positive were they to redo it with a throat swab.

But because I chose not to really comment on that (because I don't have a solution or disagreement) and instead talk about how I think it's irresponsible to go out, or meet up with people, having tested positive, I am apparently stupid. Who knew.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

The daftest part is that I do respect his views. And have agreed with him several times in the last few days in this thread. And I don't disagree with the point he was originally trying to make, that there will be plenty of people walking about with negative nasal LFTs who may be positive were they to redo it with a throat swab.

But because I chose not to really comment on that (because I don't have a solution or disagreement) and instead talk about how I think it's irresponsible to go out, or meet up with people, having tested positive, I am apparently stupid. Who knew.

Who went out to meet up with people?  This forum seems to be full of people who add two and two and get five?