IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Should there be a limit on the number of posters who are allowed to tell a single person they disagree with their actions and opinions? It's a discussion forum - if people post something, there is likely to be a discussion about it.

Not necessarily, but people shouldn’t be surprised when a poster retaliates, he’s posted probably 3 times as much in order to reply to all those posters against him and then latterly had that used against him, it’s all a bit ridiculous really.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

You aren’t exactly helping matters, you can’t expect others to respect your views if you starting resorting to petty insults, however frustrating you may find it.

Is there the possibility of alcohol at play here? I respectfully suggest you cool off and return in the morning if so.

There is no alcohol at play (other than some lunch time trifle) just a massive frustration at people who jump to conclusions and gang up on people who aren’t in their gang.

Up until getting mighty pissed off earlier this evening I really don’t see how anyone with an open mind and actually reading what I was saying could have an issue with it.

Just now, Ramseyboi said:

There is no alcohol at play (other than some lunch time trifle) just a massive frustration at people who jump to conclusions and gang up on people who aren’t in their gang.

Up until getting mighty pissed off earlier this evening I really don’t see how anyone with an open mind and actually reading what I was saying could have an issue with it.

Well it’s an emotive subject and so it’s to be expected. You have equally pissed off loads of posters with your comments so it’s a two way street but once the silly comments start (from whichever side) it’s time to walk away. I’ve came into this thread after not posting for about 5 hours and I’m just wondering WTF has gone on.

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Hi.

I was going to bless you all with a detailed look at some of the positive news from the last month or so, but 'some people on Facebook said...' and then acting on it is some of the dumbest shit I've ever heard so it's rather put me off.

Welcome back Potty. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

Fair enough.  One of those would be an issue (if positive) the other really isn’t.

I mostly agree (so long as all parties are aware of the possibility of catching Coronavirus). I don't think the Government should be allowed to prevent people meeting up in private for any reason, really.

But the argument that it doesn't breach regs is still a daft one.

3 hours ago, Manx Resident said:

Made two posts trying to promote discussion of removing Covid restrictions, but clearly, apart from one comment querying the Pfizer drug, not the topic people want to spend pages and pages discussing here tonight. Oh well.

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

To be honest, there is nothing more on that topic that can be said.  No one wants restrictions, but over the past couple of years the whole focus has been on protecting the health service.  Not sure we are yet at the position that that can be assured without restrictions.............

This discussion thread has turned out to be a real disappointment. Six or seven further pages of ‘comments’ since the above posts were made with nothing of any substance under discussion. Will give up on this topic/forum but I wonder why the moderators and contributors keep the discussion thread going?.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

In the interest of balance.

A long time ago, I worked for a company that organised direct flights off the Island to European destinations. One early winters morning, we were all at the airport to see out a flight to Lapland. Unfortunately the inbound aircraft was late.

Queue John Wright. John gathered about 40 kids sat in a circle in the middle of the check-in area floor. He then proceeded to sit in the middle of them, and read them a story (Winnie to Pooh if I'm not mistaken). In fact, he may have even had a pooh bear costume on. That last bit may not be correct, but I have a fairly decent memory.

Top man John. I'll never forget that particular random act of kindness. 

It was a Pooh Bear costume. Not sure where it came from. My flight was also delayed. I’d forgotten about that.

ETA

More memories coming back. The Lapland flight was organised by Geoff Case of Chapman Travel. They’d organised entertainment for the children, but their Winnie hadn’t turned up. They had the costume, but no one to wear it.

Geoff booked all my flights in those pre on line booking days. My flight to London was also delayed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, quilp said:

Is 'Banker' a creation by Ramseyboi to be his patsy? Tell me more...

We’ll considering I joined a year before Ramsey I didn’t think so, Paulo’s the dick is more likely.

I got a ban for posting less than 10% of the shit Ramsey is posting!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

It was a Pooh Bear costume. Not sure where it came from. My flight was also delayed. I’d forgotten about that.

ETA

More memories coming back. The Lapland flight was organised by Geoff Case of Chapman Travel. They’d organised entertainment for the children, but their Winnie hadn’t turned up. They had the costume, but no one to wear it.

Geoff booked all my flights in those pre on line booking days. My flight to London was also delayed.

…we wouldn’t let Geoff anywhere near the res system 😬 tbh. Organising direct flights was another matter. Top guy Geoff was. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

We’ll considering I joined a year before Ramsey I didn’t think so, Paulo’s the dick is more likely.

I got a ban for posting less than 10% of the shit Ramsey is posting!!

You probably got a ban for being a nasty aggressive little troll as that’s what you appear to be. What are you going to do if Ramsey is banned? As you won’t be able to troll yourself to amplify your posts.

• Confused 1