IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Remember, catching it is NOT a moral failure.

Thanks, TP, but I am not viewing it as a moral failure, just a mystery.  My moral dilemma was who I may have inadvertently infected before I tested positive.   I have followed guidelines, masked up,  tested etc. But there will always be situations where you have followed guidelines but perhaps could have done more.  Perhaps it is probably just my learnt Catholic guilt kicking in.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Thanks, TP, but I am not viewing it as a moral failure, just a mystery.  My moral dilemma was who I may have inadvertently infected before I tested positive.   I have followed guidelines, masked up,  tested etc. But there will always be situations where you have followed guidelines but perhaps could have done more.  Perhaps it is probably just my learnt Catholic guilt kicking in.

I wouldn't feel guilty everyone is catching it and from the evidence it looks like it's not causing any issues healthwise just issues with isolation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Roxanne said:

Its me that’s missed something. She’s positive on day 7. It’s a good job I’m not a doctor. 

Aah, I thought there may be some other factor at play. 

i am itching to get the dogs out, as are they, and we normally go to deserted places as I walk them off the lead (elderly girls who like a good snuffle, much like meself), but obviously can't.  TBH, that is the biggest impact I am feeling. But I can understand the impact on others, such as your friend, of being cooped up when they feel well.

Hopefully  as new data on this is analysed, there will be some changes to the rules. But she only has a couple more days to freedom, on a countdown rather than count up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

If you are testing -ve with LFT then it's very unlikely you have the covid virus. There are colds and viral bronchitis doing the rounds big time. 

I'm not a doctor but this is what the Dr told the missus last week as she is in the same situation. 

So, no, you are not alone. 

About 3 weeks ago I got a cold, a few days after a known contact with covid. Tested negative for 7 days straight.  So, given the current prevalence, covid is probably the most likely virus to cause such an illness, but definitely not the only one in circulation. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

I wouldn't feel guilty everyone is catching it and from the evidence it looks like it's not causing any issues healthwise just issues with isolation. 

I don't agree that it's not causing 'any' issues. It's seems to be causing less issues with regard to serious illness. My experience is that those who get it are still ill and it's not pleasant.  Dangerous I imagine if you have other heath conditions like serious asthma, COPD etc. 

Isolation is a problem though I agree. Could be lots of places struggling next week. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

When they are positive you almost certainly have COVID but when you are negative and have symptoms there's only a 50/50 chance they are accurate.

Https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/15/what-is-lateral-flow-covid-test-how-accurate

If you are testing everyday and you are symptomatic, then one might expect some to turn up positive. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Something for confession when you are better 😎

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, quilp said:

Ramseyboi, there's a few on here who had you sussed as soon as you appeared. And true to form, here we are, with you in yet another guise having yet another meltdown. As Helix said, why spend so much of your time on MF if it, and we, are all sheight? Truth of the matter is that you just can't stay away, and it's been the same for years. No matter how much effort you put into re-inventing yourself you're not quite accomplished enough to hide behind the latest creation, the giveaways always shine through in the end. You always give me laugh. 

It's the vanity-based attention and existential validation that drives you, an almost adolescent-like seeking of approval and affirmation.

Anyway, what toppings did you get on your pizza by the way? 

Just been alerted to this post so just popped in to make a quick point of note you lying streak of piss. Far from wishing to dissuade you from pursuing your eternal fantasy but that account that you post lies about, and take out your rather bizarre paranoia on, has nothing to do with the former poster on this forum that you refer to. Please don’t try to dress up your own crazed meltdown as anybody else’s. You’re the pitiful sack of shit who seems more obsessed with your status on a minor internet bulletin board than anyone else. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, LieDetector said:

Just been alerted to this post so just popped in to make a quick point of note you lying streak of piss. Far from wishing to dissuade you from pursuing your eternal fantasy but that account that you post lies about, and take out your rather bizarre paranoia on, has nothing to do with the former poster on this forum that you refer to. Please don’t try to dress up your own crazed meltdown as anybody else’s. You’re the pitiful sack of shit who seems more obsessed with your status on a minor internet bulletin board than anyone else. 

harsh first post .      🤣😂😅😁

• Haha 1