IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Oh for the love of God, please understand that there is no test that will pick up if you were exposed to the virus at Lancaster train station on the way to the Ben. 

Where did I say that? Jersey is doing 7 day testing that seems more sensible to me. You read my whole reply wrong. Not once was I supporting testing on arrival so your shirty, condescending, and withering remarks were well off target. 

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

They weren't aimed at you, they were aimed at @Banker

It would maybe make sense to quote the person you are addressing your post to in the reply then not somebody else. Just looking at the BBC tonight. Jerseys testing policy really seems to be creating a bit of a tourist boom as a safe location where you know what you’re getting as a visitor as you’re tested and all is controlled. It seems more proactive to me than just locking people up just in case. 

2 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Jerseys testing policy really seems to be creating a bit of a tourist boom

Jersey has an existing tourism industry which represents a significant part of their economy.

Apart from the bikes, the IOM doesn't. So, especially heading into winter (just as rainy but colder typically), there would be little point doing anything here with an eye to tourism.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Southfork said:

It would maybe make sense to quote the person you are addressing your post to in the reply then not somebody else. Just looking at the BBC tonight. Jerseys testing policy really seems to be creating a bit of a tourist boom as a safe location where you know what you’re getting as a visitor as you’re tested and all is controlled. It seems more proactive to me than just locking people up just in case. 

Probably why Guernsey are investing so they can adopt similar policy.

i know a number of MHKs are unhappy with policy and probably why Chris Thomas is asking questions next week on behalf of the opposing view

3 minutes ago, Southfork said:

They have nicer weather than us and an economy that is more dependent on tourism. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rachomics said:

They have nicer weather than us and an economy that is more dependent on tourism. 

Well we all know what the strategy here is which is to bask in our various failures over the years by shutting the Island off so that people can’t go anywhere else to spend money as our tourism strategy for 20 years has been such an appalling failure (despite legions of people being employed to deliver it) that enforced internment / entrapment is the only way we can keep some businesses viable. But it is without doubt removing peoples freedoms from them. 

31 minutes ago, rachomics said:

Oh for the love of God, please understand that there is no test that will pick up if you were exposed to the virus at Lancaster train station on the way to the Ben. Testing on day 7 is the only sure way of knowing whether you are likely to be spreading it around, which is why you have to isolate for at least 7 days. I'm getting so frustrated having to explain basic biology of infection to people who seemingly refuse to understand, and demand to get a negative test on arrival so they can go to the pub and get pissed three days after they arrive on the Island. Under the auspices of "freedom". As the saying goes: there's a boat in the morning. You might even get a connection to Jersey or Guernsey, who you clearly think are doing a better job of protecting you. I'm sure they'll welcome you on GuernseyForums or JerseyForums or whatever their equivalent is :blink:

Image result for wallYou may as well bang your head on this Rachomics...

• Like 6