IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Im not going to slag you off, your entitled to your opinion,

It’s more this that is appalling. The implication is literally disgusting. That government will only start caring now one of their own has gone due to Covid. She is well over the mark. Disgraceful. 

F61EE968-A39C-4457-9B4E-3D961A51A43F.jpeg

Edited by Paulos The Great
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes the trouble is that if you use a phrase like "following a short period of illness in hospital" in the current circumstances, a lot of people are going to jump to conclusions.  Even though most people who die under those circumstances won't have done so from Covid.

Then perhaps the PR bods in the IOMG who are supposed to be highly experienced and highly paid, would have had the intelligence and the foresight, along with common sense to do a press release that doesn’t lead to speculation or open to interpretation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

There are some down and out bullies on here, real trolls who will shoot down your comments, whatever you said. As far as they are concerned they are right and everyone is wrong. Some are like that on IOMNP Facebook, that well known site which proclaims that they are really caring. The Mods on here are firm and fair and will take action. Life’s too short to be a total pillock and perhaps some people should take a day off or two. 

Just to clarify most of trolls and bullies haven’t been seen on here for ages.

30 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

If anyone had posted that (Rachel’s Twitter post) here I’d have reported it and the mods would have deleted. That’s the problem with twitter. Putting the inappropriateness of it aside, I’m astounded that a proper scientist is suggesting government make policy based on one data point. 

I have been one of Rachel’s biggest supporters on this board, and in real life, but she’s really ballsed this up. That Tweet needs to go, for many reasons. 

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Then perhaps the PR bods in the IOMG who are supposed to be highly experienced and highly paid, would have had the intelligence and the foresight, along with common sense to do a press release that doesn’t lead to speculation or open to interpretation. 

Most obituaries begin with ”after a short illness” or ”after a long illness”.

”After a short illness (but not COVID)” doesn’t quite flow …

When I first heard the news, my first conclusion wasn't Covid; it could be heart, stroke, cancer amongst many other things.  In fact, I made no connection to Covid. 

But by that tweet, Dr G has made a connection for me. Is she basing it on some knowledge or just her own speculation?  Either way, it is pretty abhorrent firstly to make the connection, then to make a  further connection in how it may influence IOMG policy. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

It’s more this that is appalling. The implication is literally disgusting. That government will only start caring now one of their own has gone due to Covid. She is well over the mark. Disgraceful. 

F61EE968-A39C-4457-9B4E-3D961A51A43F.jpeg

Well over the mark but you chose to copy and paste?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

When I first heard the news, my first conclusion wasn't Covid; it could be heart, stroke, cancer amongst many other things.  In fact, I made no connection to Covid. 

But by that tweet, Dr G has made a connection for me. Is she basing it on some knowledge or just her own speculation?  Either way, it is pretty abhorrent firstly to make the connection, then to make a  further connection in how it may influence IOMG policy. 

Same for me Gladys. Covid didn’t enter my mind. 

As for Dr Gs tweet, at the end of the day it comes  down to ones values and integrity. 

Edited by 747-400
clarity on 2nd para
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Classic excuse for anyone sending anything inappropriate. 

The other traditional excuse for posts like those is that much strong drink has been taken. Be interesting to see if there's a retraction, or a doubling down.

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

If anyone had posted that (Rachel’s Twitter post) here I’d have reported it and the mods would have deleted. That’s the problem with twitter. Putting the inappropriateness of it aside, I’m astounded that a proper scientist is suggesting government make policy based on one data point. 

I have been one of Rachel’s biggest supporters on this board, and in real life, but she’s really ballsed this up. That Tweet needs to go, for many reasons. 

For someone who is highly skilled, highly qualified and highly intelligent, but at times lacks common sense, like many people.

• Like 1