IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Gladys said:

No, cause of death isn't a private matter, it is a matter of public record  but you have to go look for it. 

Regardless, to publicly speculate as she has is unforgivable,  insensitive and may not be accurate.  She alone is responsible for that, not a govt PR person. 

Depending who you are, you may not have to look - or speculate - too hard. Surely this can't be right?

image.png.7f6f2ed529cd7f5eaa5634f41b881653.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

When I first heard the news, my first conclusion wasn't Covid; it could be heart, stroke, cancer amongst many other things.  In fact, I made no connection to Covid. 

But by that tweet, Dr G has made a connection for me. Is she basing it on some knowledge or just her own speculation?  Either way, it is pretty abhorrent firstly to make the connection, then to make a  further connection in how it may influence IOMG policy. 

Nor me Glad. Never entered my head.

Silly lady (RG).

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yes, but there are rumblings about the downside to immune systems by protecting ourselves against every passing infection.  Not that I would have gone to work if suffering, but a slight sniffle I would. It is a hard one isn't it?  We did things naturally and intuitively (which is where Ramseyboi is coming from, I think) but now who knows what the longer term impact on immunity will be?

Gladys, I think this is the whole point. If you feel well, or have a slight sniffle, why should you stay at home? You are basically ok! Yes, you may pass it on, but chances are  you will pass it on to people who may only have a slight sniffle, or nothing at all. 

Take yourself back 5,10,15 years. We went to work. Someone always had a cold. You may or may not catch it. Rarely would you be off work with it. However, some infirm and elderly people may catch it from someone and end up in hospital. They may even die of it, although they would call it pneumonia. 

We now need to accept that this is here to stay, and crack on with life. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Depending who you are, you may not have to look - or speculate - too hard. Surely this can't be right?

image.png.7f6f2ed529cd7f5eaa5634f41b881653.png

Is she getting that information as a member of the advisory group?  In which case, she should be binned off it immediately as breaching confidentiality .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

If anyone had posted that (Rachel’s Twitter post) here I’d have reported it and the mods would have deleted. That’s the problem with twitter. Putting the inappropriateness of it aside, I’m astounded that a proper scientist is suggesting government make policy based on one data point. 

I have been one of Rachel’s biggest supporters on this board, and in real life, but she’s really ballsed this up. That Tweet needs to go, for many reasons. 

Perhaps what you’re seeing is actually her true colours, she doesn’t seem to have any filter, she posts whatever she wants, when she wants and because it’s under her own name that apparently makes it acceptable. It’s disgusting behaviour but if she didn’t have an audience to play to she wouldn’t be given the time of day, let alone post things like this that fit her narrative.

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Perhaps what you’re seeing is actually her true colours, she doesn’t seem to have any filter, she posts whatever she wants, when she wants and because it’s under her own name that apparently makes it acceptable. 

If anyone follows Peter Boxer there’s a belter that’s just popped up in his feed where an anon account has taken her to task for having no shame and she then tries to claim it’s all a government conspiracy to discredit her. I do think she’s either pissed or lost it. 

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is she getting that information as a member of the advisory group?  In which case, she should be binned off it immediately as breaching confidentiality .

Absolutely no idea - I'm just cutting & pasting in growing disbelief. 

image.png.142977846c41eb68559f3ebc614f8abc.png

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

If anyone follows Peter Boxer there’s a belter that’s just popped up in his feed where an anon account has taken her to task for having no shame and she then tries to claim it’s all a government conspiracy to discredit her. I do think she’s either pissed or lost it. 

Who is Peter Boxer? 

18 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

His tweet was pure magical. Surprised he held back that much.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I doubt the EAG is getting that info. Well outside their scope.

Worryingly that she is getting not just numbers, but also ”who” (if she actually means names).

29 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Gladys, I think this is the whole point. If you feel well, or have a slight sniffle, why should you stay at home? You are basically ok! Yes, you may pass it on, but chances are  you will pass it on to people who may only have a slight sniffle, or nothing at all. 

Take yourself back 5,10,15 years. We went to work. Someone always had a cold. You may or may not catch it. Rarely would you be off work with it. However, some infirm and elderly people may catch it from someone and end up in hospital. They may even die of it, although they would call it pneumonia. 

We now need to accept that this is here to stay, and crack on with life. 

I said this yesterday.  It is pretty basic stuff tbh

55 minutes ago, WTF said:

as the self appointed official timekeeper please let us know when it is time to speculate please,  FYI , i think people have been speculating about covid for over 18 months, this thread being a prime example of such.

I am not speculating. Let’s face it secrets and confidential confidences have a habit of working their way into the public domain. Some people aren’t discrete and have loose tongues. The Great Manx Rumour Mill soon gets into gear. An example and evidenced on here is our ex leader. Everyone heard rumours.