IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, 747-400 said:

An interesting question.

Normally ”Manx Crabs” would have pulled her back.

Maybe a time of crisis, one of our own, arguing against Government or talking in layman’s terms to her followers made her something of a celeb. 

That became a double edge speed I believe as she was asked for her opinion on many things and gave exactly that. 

Says more about “us” than her

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I know we're not supposed to call out sock puppets but just how many new accounts does David Ashford have?

Cant talk badly about our next CM !! Treasury minister usually steps into the breach . Once they learn how the system works .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think all that actually means is that she has taken her account private, which she does quite frequently (in fact I thought it normally was).

No she just blocks people she considers are dissing her , trolls etc , normally open 

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Not convinced. I follow her and it’s totally dead linked. It doesn’t even come up on a Twitter search. 

Yes, the screenshot Roger showed isn’t for private accounts. Then I think it says ”these tweets are protected” (or words to that effect).

• Like 1

Yeah I think her account is properly gone (or deactivated for now). It's a shame. I thought she was very very good at the start of the pandemic, particularly on communication and the latest science. Found myself disagreeing with her more lately as she called for more restrictions in a time where I think we're actually doing OK, but that's fine, I can disagree with people. Today's thing was a bit odd. No doubt 2 years of badgering from both "sides" of the Manx public in this pandemic has done her patience on social media no good. Hope she's OK. But today's posts were out of order.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

Governments yes, but I was sort of appealing to Rachel’s scientific rationality as to why her tweet was poor. 

I read it as meaning that death of someone they knew and respected from (allegedly) Covid might make the Government think again about their policy  towards the disease and the deaths it causes.  Presumably in the way that a statistic, such as that more people have died from Covid on the Island since 'opening up' than did in the whole of the period before, doesn't, because it is personal.

For what it's worth I don't think she is right because governments don't seem to learn from personal experience either.  The Conservatives still let things rip in the UK with the result that maybe 80,000 more died last January/February (think how many would have been saved by waiting a few months till the vaccination campaign rolled out and took effect).  That was despite Johnson himself ending up in ICU only six months before.  They just don't think it will happen to them - or if it has it won't happen again.

• Like 2