IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

''Our next CM'????

I predict he will lose his seat at the next election to an MLP candidate.

You heard it here first Folks!!!!!!!!!

Brave prediction . Only if he forgets that your not supposed to shred the Pink and Blue book and all the reserves .    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I read it as meaning that death of someone they knew and respected from (allegedly) Covid might make the Government think again about their policy  towards the disease and the deaths it causes. 

It really is a shame that we should rely on 'High Profile' cases to highlight the dangers or ignite debate, rather than the 'ordinary People' who have suffered from this disease!!!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 747-400 said:

Yes, the screenshot Roger showed isn’t for private accounts. Then I think it says ”these tweets are protected” (or words to that effect).

I'm not on Twitter and I've seen that response before when looking for her account.  Perhaps 'private' isn't the right terminology, but it certainly didn't mean that the account had vanished for ever.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

But then perhaps that is evidence of default positive thinking not default negative thinking? If we all had default negative thinking we’d never do anything. 

But they shouldn't have either default positive or negative thinking.  They should have default realistic thinking based on what is actually known.

Though if you look back at the start of many topics, such as the Prom or the Liverpool Landing Stage, you can see a lot of people being condemned for 'negative thinking' when they expressed reservations.  Maybe we could do with some more of it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve read this three times in the voice of that tanned gay man who lives with his friend Jenny in a mobile home on googlebox. It’s made me proper laugh. ‘Scaremongering turds’. 😊 

Who gives a shit. 

Edited by LieDetector

2 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Depending who you are, you may not have to look - or speculate - too hard. Surely this can't be right?

image.png.7f6f2ed529cd7f5eaa5634f41b881653.png

for me this is the most inappropriate part - to infer that she has this level of private and sensitive info is very poor

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kopek said:

It really is a shame that we should rely on 'High Profile' cases to highlight the dangers or ignite debate, rather than the 'ordinary People' who have suffered from this disease!!!

Well quite, but it seems to be the way many people think - perhaps because that's the way the celebrity-obsessed media tend to cover things and it ends up being the only way that any topic can be understood.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I read it as meaning that death of someone they knew and respected from (allegedly) Covid might make the Government think again about their policy  towards the disease and the deaths it causes.  Presumably in the way that a statistic, such as that more people have died from Covid on the Island since 'opening up' than did in the whole of the period before, doesn't, because it is personal.

For what it's worth I don't think she is right because governments don't seem to learn from personal experience either.  The Conservatives still let things rip in the UK with the result that maybe 80,000 more died last January/February (think how many would have been saved by waiting a few months till the vaccination campaign rolled out and took effect).  That was despite Johnson himself ending up in ICU only six months before.  They just don't think it will happen to them - or if it has it won't happen again.

Sorry RM, how many people have died or will soon die from misdiagnosed or undiagnosed cancer and heart disease, and many other treatable issues over the last two years? Even just the last six months because people are being prevented from going to hospitals, doctors, because they may have a virus that affects a minority of people, and kills a tiny proportion? 

It is now ludicrous. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well quite, but it seems to be the way many people think - perhaps because that's the way the celebrity-obsessed media tend to cover things and it ends up being the only way that any topic can be understood.

That is hardly what has happened.  It is not celebrity-obssesed media that has latched on the this poor man's demise, but one high profile person who has tweeted speculation about the cause of his death and then proceeded to make a point against the government. 

Just appalling, abhorrent and unnecessary.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Good point!

How many ‘high profile’ celebs are on the Covid fatality spectrum?

Maybe the TV dinner little man in the street could relate to someone like Barbara Windsor (or such like)  perishing as a result of this terrible virus?