IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Gladys said:

My criticism is not because she is female, but because she has done something quite beyond what is acceptable. 

I know that, and didn't mean to imply otherwise for a second. It was just a call back to one of Dr Glover's earlier tweets.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That is hardly what has happened.  It is not celebrity-obssesed media that has latched on the this poor man's demise, but one high profile person who has tweeted speculation about the cause of his death and then proceeded to make a point against the government. 

Just appalling, abhorrent and unnecessary.

Just one person who had been latched onto and elevated to mini celebrity status locally.

by many posters on here as I recall.  I won’t go back and search who they were, but most of them are now realising that she is looney tunes 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That is hardly what has happened.  It is not celebrity-obssesed media that has latched on the this poor man's demise, but one high profile person who has tweeted speculation about the cause of his death and then proceeded to make a point against the government. 

Just appalling, abhorrent and unnecessary.

I replying to Kopek's more general point rather than discussing this particular case - where as I said before, I don't think this applies anyway.

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Please tell me this is not true and you are over egging the pudding. 

Well it's certainly the way the media like to develop things  Think how many programmes that start out featuring ordinary people end up with 'celebrity' versions.  The British media tend only to be interested in people like the people who work in British media and think everyone else is the same.

17 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Sorry RM, how many people have died or will soon die from misdiagnosed or undiagnosed cancer and heart disease, and many other treatable issues over the last two years? Even just the last six months because people are being prevented from going to hospitals, doctors, because they may have a virus that affects a minority of people, and kills a tiny proportion? 

This makes no sense at all.  Those who need emergency care were treated the same whatever their Covid status (it just makes things more complicated).  Those with longer term issues won't be affected by a few days delay because they test positive.

But of course, over the last two years Covid has had an effect on the treatment of all sorts of other conditions and diseases.  But how could that have been altered if somehow the health service had ignored Covid?  Would people have no longer caught it and needed treatment?   Without precautionary measures even more would have died, there would have been even more pressure on the health service and those wanting other treatment would have been even less likely to get it.

• Thanks 1