IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

She just needs to promise a point by point rebuttal, then leave it 3 months, then say she has done one.

Rightly or wrongly DA did say after the PAC that he wouldn’t now be issuing a rebuttal - it had all been answered in his interview

Edited by 747-400
typo

2 hours ago, 747-400 said:

Seems her new account was hacked as well since those early tweets on being ”done” with the IoM are gone 🤪

How odd indeed, I reckon Twitter deleted her account due to complaints received so I expect she’ll be fighting to get that account back, every post/reply she’s ever made has gone, she must be absolutely raging.

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

How odd indeed, I reckon Twitter deleted her account due to complaints received so I expect she’ll be fighting to get that account back, every post/reply she’s ever made has gone, she must be absolutely raging.

Twitter don't delete accounts that quickly. 

1 hour ago, code99 said:

I believe Dr Glover genuinely thought that her expertise and skills would make a substantial contribution to the Island in the perilous early days of Covid. Instead, from what we understand that went on, her contributions were rejected i.e., did not sufficiently conform to ‘their’ policy/dogma, and then she was hounded and abused. Her reputation (and possibly livelihood too) was undermined by powerful people. It seems that natural justice failed her - as was evident at the PAC hearing. Unsurprisingly, she is probably still upset by the events of the past two years (she is only human after all), and she does appear to have ‘lost her rag’ by speaking out so boldly on Twitter. Clearly, her Twitter outburst was inappropriate and this is very sad for all concerned. Everything else is ‘hearsay’.

However, everybody makes mistakes; especially those who live in glass houses. So, throwing stones is not the best way of defusing an antagonistic situation. At some point Dr Glover may even post here again, telling her side of the story. Until then, my view is that perhaps it is time to ‘’donnez lui une break’’.

It wouldn’t do Taxa any harm in bringing in a social media code of conduct. 

I think Rachel would have came out of this with her reputation intact if she had kept her twitters to her science and hobbies and kept politics out of it.

There are two sides to every story and I feel that we have only heard one for the last 12 months.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wrighty said:

Well right now there’d be fewer staff off isolating and thus available to carry out routine healthcare.  I’m one of them.

It is complex, and people who said “ignore covid and get on with it” were wrong. But equally, the ones who are still saying “covid will kill us all, stay indoors forever etc” are wrong too, especially now when I for one think it’s all but done, at least once this current wave has peaked. 

But wrighty, we've been assured that the only reason for people declaring that they have a positive LFT is because they want to sneak off work and that it's all really a plot to improve your guitar solos.  Surely you're not saying that Ramseyboi is wrong?

As it happens they've already announced that:

From Tuesday 4 January, all appointments, where clinically appropriate, will be converted to telephone appointments wherever possible. This will be for an initial period of two weeks.

though with your speciality being more hands on (literally) than most, that could be rather limiting.  Of course age will put many of your patients in the vulnerable category and you need to make sure you're not infecting them.  We don't really have much on infectivity and whether more recent variants have a different pattern from previous.

As you say it's complex and I think the most frustrating thing is how so many people are unwilling to deal with that complexity, not just among the public but in the official response.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Twitter don't delete accounts that quickly. 

You’d expect a hacker to absolutely screw up an old account though, not just send a few new tweets over the course of a few hours, but apparently she deactivated it herself after regaining access.

‘If’ a hacker did somehow access her account I would expect to see more messages being posted over the next few days/weeks, must be plenty of sensitive information found.

3855FFD6-E9C6-4615-8639-41F68FB93173.jpeg

1 minute ago, Annoymouse said:

You’d expect a hacker to absolutely screw up an old account though, not just send a few new tweets over the course of a few hours, but apparently she deactivated it herself after regaining access.

‘If’ a hacker did somehow access her account I would expect to see more messages being posted over the next few days/weeks, must be plenty of sensitive information found.

Because it wasn't a hacker, it was the good Doctor having a bit of an evening.

4 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

And how did this so called Hacker know about her father & ancestors which was mentioned in the same tweets? Not to mention the usual outbursts on her gripe with the silencing of women? This is kindly meant, but please wake up. 

Just now, FookADoodleDoo said:

And how did this so called Hacker know about her father & ancestors which was mentioned in the same tweets? Not to mention the usual outbursts on her gripe with the silencing of women? This is kindly meant, but please wake up. 

It's OK, she's in the process of teeing up an explanation for that...

It's a bit embarrassing. No Oscars being given out for this.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

I do hope she’s reported the hack to the police, perhaps others should too, hopefully the IP address and perhaps the device it was posted from could be identified?

It's certainly been reporter to the Information Commissoner and Manx Care from the point of view that somebody was leaking patient information to Glover or whoever she claims hacked her account. 

10 minutes ago, FookADoodleDoo said:

well she's been pretty public about a lot of info (dunno if this is part of it as I didn't follow her) so could be easily obtained by someone being malicious

3 minutes ago, James Blonde said:

It's certainly been reporter to the Information Commissoner and Manx Care from the point of view that somebody was leaking patient information to Glover or whoever she claims hacked her account. 

Or the hacker lied about it?

• Like 2