IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I'm not sure what it's got to do with GTS. Was it a government account? Did I miss that? 

think it was a joke to suggest GTS had become the CIA

Just now, Max Power said:

Pardon my ignorance but who are GTS? Are they the Manx MI5 or GCHQ or something?

they're the Government Technical Support

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Not necessarily stupid, but perhaps  their only experience of ‘hacking’ is forgetting their own passwords and trying to guess them.

Sure, but doing that on someone else's account from your own IP address would fall under tremendously stupid.

18 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

You are correct of course. But I does seem an increasingly incredulous story. 

But yes it is possibly true and perhaps we should all backoff until such time as we know it not true. 

Will we ever know it is not true though? 

Just now, Max Power said:

Pardon my ignorance but who are GTS? Are they the Manx MI5 or GCHQ or something?

No, not even close, it’s just Government Technology Services, they look after all the Governments I.T stuff, but they mostly have a reputation for telling folk the system is slow because that’s just the way it is and switching it on/off again will solve 90% of the problems and if/when something actually goes wrong, to call in a contractor to take a look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The line (lie) about the old account hack is now in her new official biography on her account header.

The actual tweets have been locked down, but the replies are visible. It's fair to say that many of them are sceptical.

image.png.1533a85ee0c7b15433a37e6a25655f68.png

As it unfolds, it all becomes terribly sad.  There are no winners here -

The AG's family have had their bereavement belittled and ignored.  And now at the heart of a social media shitstorm.  You would just hope that in their grief and shock they are not witnessing this nonsense. 

RG has damaged her reputation, possibly beyond repair, first by the tweet, then not retracting it when it was pointed out to be inappropriate and not even now after she claims a hacked account.  Whether it was hacked or not, an apology would be in order.  None forthcoming.  If the hacking was a futile attempt to cover her misjudged (putting it politely) tweet, then that raises even more issues.

Just sad all round. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, piebaps said:

After reviewing all the available data, the only logical conclusion is that her browser has been tabbed.

Amy......is that you...? 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

As it unfolds, it all becomes terribly sad.  There are no winners here -

The AG's family have had their bereavement belittled and ignored.  And now at the heart of a social media shitstorm.  You would just hope that in their grief and shock they are not witnessing this nonsense. 

RG has damaged her reputation, possibly beyond repair, first by the tweet, then not retracting it when it was pointed out to be inappropriate and not even now after she claims a hacked account.  Whether it was hacked or not, an apology would be in order.  None forthcoming.  If the hacking was a futile attempt to cover her misjudged (putting it politely) tweet, then that raises even more issues.

Just sad all round. 

If she has not been truthful, which I expect is the case as at no point has she posted that she has no idea whether the allegations posted by the "hacker" are true, then I think that is extremely damaging for her and her business as being able to rely on the honesty and integrity of scientists is extremely important in the profession.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2