IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, 747-400 said:

I’ve been thinking about that. Initial thought was that someone is regularly emailing her patients personal details.

On the otherhand, it could be her twitter inbox and one of her friends saying ”another new one in Nobles” or ”one death today, but not reflected in numbers as someone else has came in”. 

The latter is more gossip whereas the former would be a gross breach of confidentiality..

I have to say that general information from a variety of sources was my interpretation of the words.  The implication was that she was getting a lot of messages from various people rather than regular ones from a single individual.  And of course if a well-known individual is hospitalised, then a lot of people will be aware of their identity.

It's been quite amusing over the last day or show to watch a group of Manxies being "shocked, shocked" that someone is passing on a bit of skeet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's best if no fuss is made about potential hospital leaks, many people have a source up there, handy to check when you think something hinky is going on. Don't want them to get in trouble or anything.

Of course the gov could just be more honest and open with info, so that people don't have to go and find things out. 

Try finding details about the impact of COVID on children. Not much from the gov, but go speak to people in the know and you get some interesting info. Did you know for example that one child - a teenager with significant health challenges - has been admitted to ICU with covid in the whole pandemic here*? Try finding out from official sources the level of illness in kids and you quickly struggle, but from talking to the right people you'll quickly discover that while a fair few have had a night on the ward for respiratory distress it isn't out of the ordinary in numbers or severity.

So let's not encourage Manx Care to issue a memo to the staff saying 'shut up or else', I like my conversations with various health care workers, I'd like them to continue.

*As of late November anyway.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's best if no fuss is made about potential hospital leaks, many people have a source up there, handy to check when you think something hinky is going on. Don't want them to get in trouble or anything.

I disagree. You should absolutely be able to go into hospital without the staff blabbing your personal medical details to their mates outside. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

I disagree. You should absolutely be able to go into hospital without the staff blabbing your personal medical details to their mates outside. 

I know you're right really, but I love a bit of behind the scenes skeet. No names though, ever.

8 hours ago, Gladys said:

Someone has hacked her account.  She should apologise for the inappropriate  tweets.

this is the bit i don't get , IF ? someone has hacked her account ( as likely or not as that may be ) why would/should it be up to her to apologise for the content if someone else wrote it ?     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's been quite amusing over the last day or show to watch a group of Manxies being "shocked, shocked" that someone is passing on a bit of skeet.

yes, and the fact that someone made a second account gets criticised by the usual MF users of all people.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, WTF said:

yes, and the fact that someone made a second account gets criticised by the usual MF users of all people.

I don’t recall reading anyone here criticising her for starting a second account. it seems the logical thing to do.

I think it was (i) the timing of the first posts and (ii) the initial (now deleted) contents that raised eyebrows .

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Did you know for example that one child - a teenager with significant health challenges - has been admitted to ICU with covid in the whole pandemic here*?

True but not many adults have been admitted to ICU. I know if at least two children (excluding the ICU case) that have been admitted to hospital because of COVID.

21 minutes ago, WTF said:

this is the bit i don't get , IF ? someone has hacked her account ( as likely or not as that may be ) why would/should it be up to her to apologise for the content if someone else wrote it ?     

Because it appeared on her twitter account.  Something like "someone has hacked my account and posted inappropriate tweets.  Please be assured it wasn't me and I apologise for/regret any distress caused to the family." 

It is what you would expect someone professional or with a high profile to do, not least because it distances them from the offensive content. 

Edited by Gladys
Typo
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Because it appeared on her twitter account.  Something like "someone has hacked my account and posted inappropriate tweets.  Please be assured it wasn't me and I apologise for/regret any distress caused to the family." 

It is what you would expect someone professional or with a high profile to do, not least because it distances them from the offensive content. 

Unless, of course, she stands by the tweets, in which case, the hack is an irrelevance. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Because it appeared on her twitter account.  Something like "someone bas hacked my account and posted inappropriate tweets.  Please be assured it wasn't me and I apologise for/regret any distress caused to the family." 

And to say to her (previous) followers who the hacker blocked after liking tweets confronting her posts that they were welcome to reconnect 🤪

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The whole thing is a nonsense but she has brainwashed so many people it’s amazing how well her followers so readily buy into conspiracies after being fed conspiracies by her for 2 years. Her claims are false. She cannot possibly have been hacked. And she doesn’t even have the self awareness or integrity to apologize to the man’s family. 

Agree. Those who seen it play out in front of their eyes know the hacker conspiracy is a nonsense. The devil is in the detail 👿 

I was surprised though at the amount of backlash she has had on Twitter over this. But she won’t (conveniently) see those tweets.

And besides the distasteful tweets on the AG and call for a Covid memorial  there were also accusation that the CoMin had blood on their hands by not implementing a mandatory masks policy ”every Covid death was preventable” 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

The Educated Minister Julie Edge was on this mornings NPM, pleading with children to take a LFT. Therein lies the rub, pleading. A lot of children and their parents will practise LFT as a matter of course, some don’t. Perhaps a Marquee type erection should be put up outside the school building to facilitate testing of children who haven’t already tested. Perhaps children should be required to take a photograph of their test cassette with a mobile phone, where necessary and it could be shown.