IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I agree but with the proviso that I do wonder if catching it would help me fight it off in the future. No one really knows do they and in the meantime if I went under then no one in my street would eat and their children wouldn’t get an education.

It’s a dilemma. 😊

True.  Probably going on holiday in March and I am wondering perhaps I should actively try and get it now, just so I don't have holiday plans screwed up being in isolation either pre or during hols. 

You're in Re-Laxey?  If you do get struck down, let me know and I'll get my brother on the case (shopping, not child transportation). 

Basically sacrificed Xmas in order to get a (which we did) negative PCR. Now sat in LGW on the way to two weeks hot sunshine. 

....a lot of folks on the beer early doors when we arrived here. I must be getting old as couldn't face it that early. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I agree but with the proviso that I do wonder if catching it would help me fight it off in the future. No one really knows do they and in the meantime if I went under then no one in my street would eat and their children wouldn’t get an education.

It’s a dilemma. 😊

Not sure it helps much as my niece & nephew caught it in summer & have it again, double jabbed about October time , however very minimal symptoms 

12 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I do wonder if catching it would help me fight it off in the future.

Prime example of women's logic. This happens to me all the time. I'm not saying you're wrong, far from it, but I think women's logic is just totally alien to me. "let's get somewhere 20 minutes before it opens so we don't have to wait" is another one. I think sometimes it's lost in the translation. I can kind of see what you're saying, it just sounds ridiculous when you say it like that and I'd never have come up with it by myself. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That is literally a preposterous suggestion. The evidence is a plain as day. Nobody was to blame but herself and the “hacker” was clearly herself. 

I'm not sure you understand what constitutes 'evidence'; your conclusion may or may not be true, but you have no evidence for your assertion.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The death reporting is certainly a little avante garde. I note it's changing soon, to not include suspected covid deaths. Not sure what this means but i presume positive lateral flow tests not confirmed by pcr. Nursing homes and the likes. Just a guess, happy to be told i am acomplete fucking idiot.

you're a complete fucking idiot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Further to my post earlier on regarding the LibLabVan public meeting at the Legion, with Chris Thomas, the Star Turn, the RNLI Church Service in memory of its founder Sir William Hillary has been cancelled due to Covid fears.  Mec Vannins Hango Hill was a speech free affair due to Covid fears. LibLabVan represented by the Health Minister Lawrie Hooperman seem oblivious to potential concerns. 

Just now, 2112 said:

Further to my post earlier on regarding the LibLabVan public meeting at the Legion, with Chris Thomas, the Star Turn, the RNLI Church Service in memory of its founder Sir William Hillary has been cancelled due to Covid fears.  Mec Vannins Hango Hill was a speech free affair due to Covid fears. LibLabVan represented by the Health Minister Lawrie Hooperman seem oblivious to potential concerns. 

that's what the state want to hear ,  people have fears.

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

that's what the state want to hear ,  people have fears.

I’m going about my everyday life, but unfortunately I am being very cautious. Being in a room with lots of people, especially not wearing masks as will be sat on tables, but people get up and go to the bar, don’t always put a mask back on. This behaviour will go on for a long time. If Covid is still here in TT fortnight, and with past experiences of packed paddocks, grandstands and fanzones, can we be sure the figures will be kept under control? That’s not fear or scaremongering, it’s being realistic and facing up to reality.

Going to a funeral within a church or a crematorium I would say is different, the service length can be catered for, the crematorium has additional overflow space. Also the service could be conducted graveside.

Edited by 2112

14 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

There’s a lot on here being deliberately obtuse out of loyalty and thinking the rest of us rolled in on the banana boat this morning. What was said and what was done is 100% clear. 

I'm obliged by your opinion and retain my own however it is a  tad racist, hope this helps:flowers:

I just wanted to add some personal experiences that might be of benefit to others.

Basically if you have even the mildest symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive you probably have it and are infecting others.  This new variant is showing itself to be incredibly contagious and appears to evade the standard home tests either throughout or until several days after someone shows cold like symptoms.

There seem to be so many people who get negative tests that suddenly become positive tests followed by everyone they know showing the same a few days later that it seems obvious that the home tests aren’t fit for purpose for the latest variant.

Having said that people don’t appear to be getting very ill so maybe the fact that they lull people into a belief they are virus free when they aren’t is actually a good thing and just gets it spread quicker?

Slightest sniffle or close contact get a PCR booked. It is the only way to be sure.