IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

53 minutes ago, quilp said:

Apologising for something you didn't do. I mean, why would you? What's the point? 

Somebody tells you their partner has dumped them, and  you say “I’m sorry that happened” it doesn’t mean you were the cause. 

I wouldn’t hesitate to apologise if my account had been hacked and someone had said something upsetting. “I’m sorry that my account posted some inappropriate comments. Whilst this was due to a hacker and do not reflect my views, I should have taken better care of my passwords and I regret the upset caused.”

I’d say at the moment the version in the MT report seems most likely to be true - 

- someone she’s annoyed on Twitter found her password following a leak

- they “satirise” the doc and cause a kerfuffle 

I do wonder why she’s not expressed regret for the effect on the family though. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I don't think I have said as sure as eggs is eggs, but no doubt you will point it out.😉

The thing is, this is not "just another Twitter hack", it was a seriously misjudged (or very well judged), hurtful and insensitive series of tweets, ostensibly from someone of prominence and public standing. 

Whether or not it was a hacker, it has resulted in controversy. 

The measure of someone is not when things go right, but how they deal with things when they go wrong. 

Simples. 

The fact that anybody could read her version of events and even consider for one moment that somebody other than the account owner made those tweets and subsequent replies is absolutely mind boggling.

It is almost cult level faith in someone being able to do no wrong.

Maybe when near enough everybody involved in an emergency response to something pulls together but it appears to the outside world that one person has been singled out for bad treatment there might be more to the story than is in the public domain.

Maybe that persons later behaviour gives an insight into what others were dealing with?

Edited by Trevor535
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Declan said:

Somebody tells you their partner has dumped them, and  you say “I’m sorry that happened” it doesn’t mean you were the cause.

"How awful" would fit also. It's the word "sorry" I personally have the problem with. It just seems to be the hardest word.

I wouldn’t hesitate to apologise if my account had been hacked and someone had said something upsetting. “I’m sorry that my account posted some inappropriate comments. Whilst this was due to a hacker and do not reflect my views, I should have taken better care of my passwords and I regret the upset caused.”

... which would be correct and fitting.

I’d say at the moment the version in the MT report seems most likely to be true.

Must read, is there a link?

I do wonder why she’s not expressed regret for the effect on the family though. 

As do most. The timing and content was inexcusable. 

4 minutes ago, Trevor535 said:

The fact that anybody could read her version of events and even consider for one moment that somebody other than the account owner made this me tweets and subsequent replies is absolutely mind boggling.

It is almost cult level faith in someone being able to do no wrong.

Maybe when near enough everybody involved in an emergency response to something pulls together but it appears to the outside world that one person has been singled out for bad treatment there might be more to the story than is in the public domain.

Maybe that persons later behaviour gives an insight into what others were dealing with?

On behalf of those who are tongue tied into complete frustration, thank you very for this analysis 🙏

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

Jersey are higher c3500 active cases must have missed cut 😂

14 day cases per 100,000 population

As that vividly illustrates that is the 14-day rate per 100,000 while the figure for the Isle of Man is for a mere 7 days according to the UN.  Not only do we top the European League, we're second in the World beaten only by Aruba:

image.thumb.png.e25d6422b790f6482bf4d9545e6a2e2e.png

Your blue-eyed boys Jersey merely limp in a disappointing 20th.

• Haha 2

Big lad came home from high school today to tell me 

1.  Nobody was wearing masks (but government will probably say everyone is)

2.  They had an extended tutor this morning all about the possibilities of home working coming up.

to me it sounds like schools are going to take things into their own hands and tell kids to stay at home 

8 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Big lad came home from high school today to tell me 

1.  Nobody was wearing masks (but government will probably say everyone is)

2.  They had an extended tutor this morning all about the possibilities of home working coming up.

to me it sounds like schools are going to take things into their own hands and tell kids to stay at home 

Just make masks mandatory in school & any inside areas, there’s no reason for kids to stay home other than teachers pushing that agenda for an easy life

8 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

That teachers have generally been a disgrace since the start of all of this. The now being prepared for remote schooling comments are bollocks as well as the only people who will be home schooling their kids will be you and me. Who will have to fit it all in around our own jobs again. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s lockdown by stealth, or, organic lockdown, or circumstantial lockdown.

Whatever, if it’s not government sanctioned, will financial assistance for struggling businesses be made available?

no

which I suppose is the point

same with all the pubs not being open due to staff shortages etc

Youngest came back from primary school saying they had spent afternoon watching a video because a teacher it didn’t turn up.  First day back at school and already they are being taught by watching a video.  ( he is year 6).

im hopeful that it won’t come to it and my employer is very understanding about it all.

I was listening to the radio today and they were saying the problem isn’t schools but everything else. No point in making makes mandatory in school when parents work in an office of 300 without any masks. That’s how it gets into schools.  It was an interesting listen

I spent a few weeks in Spain at the end of last year. Maybe 90% or more of the locals were wearing masks most of the time, except in restaurants and bars. And definitely anyone in a work environment was wearing a mask.
At clocking-out time for the local school all the pupils were wearing masks - but still non-stop talking.
Life seemed to be continuing as normal - just with face masks of varying styles.
I was impressed when I saw a young lady, stylishly dressed, with a black, nylon, see-through, mask. You don't get that kind of class in Ramsey.

• Haha 4