IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

44 minutes ago, Paulos The Great said:

That teachers have generally been a disgrace since the start of all of this. The now being prepared for remote schooling comments are bollocks as well as the only people who will be home schooling their kids will be you and me. Who will have to fit it all in around our own jobs again. 

You know it's DESC setting policy, not teachers right?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Anyone who thinks that you can make masks mandatory in schools hasn't been to school in a very long time.

Just put the word out that if you catch Covid as a teenager, then long Covid makes you go baldie bastard by the time you are 25, failing that it gives you loadsa plukes

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Anyone who thinks that you can make masks mandatory in schools hasn't been to school in a very long time.

Well they’ve been able to manage in lots of countries including most of Europe, uk secondary schools, Guernsey & Jersey why is Iom any different?

Edited by Banker
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That man out Karen’s even the most ardent Covid Karen. Has he even offered an opinion on anything other than covid since he got in? 

Since he had COVID.

He's acting like one of them anti vaxers that all of a sudden gets COVID and is now PRO PRO Vax.

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2022 at 9:05 PM, Trevor535 said:

The fact that anybody could read her version of events and even consider for one moment that somebody other than the account owner made those tweets and subsequent replies is absolutely mind boggling.

It is almost cult level faith in someone being able to do no wrong.

Maybe when near enough everybody involved in an emergency response to something pulls together but it appears to the outside world that one person has been singled out for bad treatment there might be more to the story than is in the public domain.

Maybe that persons later behaviour gives an insight into what others were dealing with?

You only have to look throughout this thread for how people (both extreme lockdowners and the let it run it's course-ers) are more keen on being proven right than trying to navigate through COVID with as little damage as possible. Any bit of data that helps them is latched upon. Before the hacking story emerges that was effectively what Rachel was accused of. And that might be what happened. 

I'm keeping an open mind. But on balance I think the hacker version is the least unlikely version. I just think it takes quite mental leap to think that a scientist and businessperson would jeapodise their business and reputation by releasing personal medical information (provided by what means?) to score a debating point on Twitter. I do think that there are malacious sadsacks on Twitter that would find a compromised password and get up to mischief to discredit her. 

It's not a cult-like faith in her - I don't know her and I'm broadly supportive of the post-Quayle government's approach to COVID. But I have noticed a concerted effort on here to discredit her. People who've liked the above post - the Voice of Reason and Offshoremanxman  - have been consistent in their criticism of her. Maybe they're allowing their antipathy towards her push them towards a conclusion that we just don’t have the information for. 

Edited by Declan
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

I'm keeping an open mind. But on balance I think the hacker version is the least unlikely version. I just think it takes quite mental leap to think that a scientist and businessperson would jeapodise their business and reputation by releasing personal medical information (provided by what means?) to score a debating point on Twitter. I do think that their are malacious sadsacks on Twitter that would find a compromised password and get up to mischief to discredit her. 

There is most likely a word/term to describe where something is exaggeraged so much it becomes highly unlikely.

That is what is happening now. Of course Rachel does not have access (or has been sent) confidential medical information. 

Nor did the tweet say that.

It said, which has been posted so many times, that she has an Inbox full of message saying who has been admitted for what”.

This changes perspective.

As said elsewhere by Rogermexico, this could simply be the Manx gossip mill at work, with various people gossiping ”do you know X is in hospital for Y”. 

• Like 1